What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Scanners. ... Patrick McGoohan,analog synths,telepaths and Michael Fucking Ironside looking mental in the 70s.

What's not to like.

death race 2000 (on amazon prime)

wanted to see it for close on 40 years

dialogue was hilariously cheesy, overall disappointing though (very low budget effects, etc)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Psychomania (1973)
Years since I last watched this. A Culty, kitschy British occult horror biker film.
Basically the leader of the biker game is obsessed with the idea of eternal life and with the help of his spiritualist mother he gets it, but he has to kill himself first. Back from the dead he tries to convince his gang members to do the same so they can run amok and nobody can kill them .
Its silly but has a bit of charm to it. It has that early 70s British vibe that I like. So of it's time. The acting is mostly decent. The whole thing could have been better with a bigger budget. But, overall not a bad film.

Full film available on YouTube.

Last edited:
No One Will Save You. Now this is what I'm talking about. Near silent alien invasion horror (one line of dialogue) with a cool take on familiar alien tropes. Excellent
I didn't realise he was Irish

Twitter made me change my password the other day and now won’t let me view tweets and that is the real horror story.

Born in the US to Irish parents, schooled in ireland from 9 years old, then back to the US after the leaving cert. must've fucked him up

Tower of evil (1972)
A bunch of friends are found murdered on a remote island in an abandoned lighthouse. The only survivor, a young woman who seems to have gone insane. Did she murder everyone? A group of investigatiors try to find out what really happened. Nice looking film. With quite a bit of gore and nudity for this era, but it's fairly routine stuff.

The Creator.
No doubt everyone is gonna rave about this. It looks great, and there's loads of cool shit in it.
It's not great and suffers from the same problems that have plagued this kind of sci-fi film for over a decade now.
Not arsed writing an essay about it right now, it's a cool sci-fi film that is let down by also insisting on trying to be an action film.

I really enjoyed The Creator. It was bleak and long, my wife and son thought it hugely boring, but I was gripped, and even shedding the odd tear along the way. FX were brilliant too.

The Annihilators. This was one of those so bad it almost redeems itself, 80's action films. A small group of Vietnam vets clean up a neighbourhood of a violent drug smuggling gang. Wooden acting, lots of paths and cars being shot, unlimited ammo in guns. You know the drill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back