What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

Habit. Gritty low budget indy horror-adjacent film about a grieving alcoholic who meets a vampire. It was quite long, and could have done with a trimming here and there, but, an interesting take on the vampire trope

watched a little bit of the netflix ghostbusters thing on the plane yesterday. I thought it was great. Very feelgood and lots of cute references back to the original.

I stopped watching it cos I'll watch it with herself. I thought it might be something she'd have no interest in, but she'll love this.
finished this yesterday. Its great. Even a bit tear-jerky in the end. Though I was watching the cgi Harold Ramis while I got the news of Brian McBride passing, so maybe its better to watch it when some musician you really like, dies.

Finally saw oppenheimer

I liked it - for the runtime it barely dragged to my eye. funnier than expected.

In terms of the military entertainment complex being such a huge movie in terms of viewer it actually felt like a bit of a development on the war movie front. The ww2 dialog is still pretty much unstoppable but primarlily has circled round the plucky brits and the nasty old krauts - in this the enemy is never seen, the drop area is never seen - the physical manifestation is only ever alluded to. It's cold war before the cold war in a sense. I thought einstien seemed a little hammy but is probably historically accurate.

Finally watched Barbie. After all the reviews I'd been looking forward to it but I found it boring, preachy, not funny enough and by the penultimate (or Ken-ultimate) scene I didn't care whatever positive message Rhea Perlman was imparting to her.
Disappointing.

Hopefully the dance routines are better in Oppenheimer

Finally watched Barbie. After all the reviews I'd been looking forward to it but I found it boring, preachy, not funny enough and by the penultimate (or Ken-ultimate) scene I didn't care whatever positive message Rhea Perlman was imparting to her.
Disappointing.
I've heard similar from some sensible people I know that have seen it

The love witch (2016)
A rewatch of this. A beautiful witch is obsessed with finding her perfect man And will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, but when they don't meet her high standards, bad things happen.
Everything about this film is styled out to seem like a cult movie from the late 60s / early 70s. Beautifully shot, colours just pulsate from the screen, it's dreamy, kind of psychedelic. The sets, hair, makeup lighting, all look great....so much attention to detail. The acting is also very knowing & campy. But it could be a bit shorter, parts of it drag. Good film though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ireland has its very own Love witch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back