What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Meg 2 The Trench

Film about giant sharks pretty dire stuff to put it mildly but maybe the point is to make as bad a film is possible ? I had actually intended to see Barbie but every ticket machine in Cineworld was out of order and I was ushered upstairs anyway but then upstairs every screen that would usually display the film times was also not working. So I had no idea what film was playing where or when. I ended up following some random guy into a screen with trailers running and decided whatever it is I'll just watch it. Must be nearly five years since I was last in a cinema for whatever reason I had got the idea in my head that I needed to see Aquaman.

Bull ..low budget Dead Mans Shoes with a supernatural twist knock off . Pretty good!

Donkey Skin.
A dying queen makes her husband promise to remarry after she dies but to only marry a more beautiful woman than herself. Turns out only their daughter is more beautiful so the kind decides to marry her but the princess's fairy godmother urges her to flee the kingdom instead. Quite enjoyable, contains singing.

Early Stanley Kubrick. Tarantino was obviously influenced by it.
It's been a while since I enjoyed a film as much.

The trailer contains some major spoilers
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Amazing film. Reservoir Dogs owes so much to it.

The Promising Boy
The Promising Boy is a 1981 Yugoslav youth genre film. Strongly influenced by the emerging new wave movement that seemingly challenged many of the established social norms in communist Yugoslavia, the movie tells the story of a young man who goes from being a good son to rebellious misfit and back again.

It also served as the showcase of sorts for various bands of Yugoslav new wave and punk music scenes.

A normal boy receives a blow to the head which sets him off to perform rebellious acts.

This was cool. I want to go to Yugoslavia 40 or 50 years ago

Last weekend watched a stupid sci-fi channel esque film called Wyvern. It was a lot more entertaining than it had any business being. Then followed it up with something a lot heavier.
The woman, it had been on my to watch list for some time. Great film, dealing with such a dark topic.

I started watching this not-so-great horror film from 1961 starring Alan Alda's dad

I was struck by the great surf/rockabilly style theme tune so decided to investigate

It's by Baker Knight who also wrote for Ricky Nelson, Perry Como, Elvis, Sinatra etc.

I had a look to see if I could buy it online with the groovy record cover featuring the film poster art

That ain't going to happen
https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=baker+knight

270054429015.jpg

watched a little bit of the netflix ghostbusters thing on the plane yesterday. I thought it was great. Very feelgood and lots of cute references back to the original.

I stopped watching it cos I'll watch it with herself. I thought it might be something she'd have no interest in, but she'll love this.

Horror express (1972)

A big alien yoke stalks a train erasing peoples minds through their eyes. It's a minor classic. Love it.

Is this Burt Lancaster in a gas station?

Loved it

Like a horror Bedford Falls

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back