What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night - didn't realise this was so hip. Supercool. Vampire was a smoke show.

Jurassic World - I expected to hate this, but it was so stupid it won me over.

I watched the Alien qaudrilogy over the weekend. The first is one of the best sci fi films ever made, the second is a brilliant shoot em up but can't quite match the impact of the first one, the third is decent but hasn't aged very well and the less said about the fourth one the better.

I watched the Alien qaudrilogy over the weekend. The first is one of the best sci fi films ever made, the second is a brilliant shoot em up but can't quite match the impact of the first one, the third is decent but hasn't aged very well and the less said about the fourth one the better.

Prometheus is on telly tonight. Going to watch it because I'm going to see the new Alien movie on Thursday night and I believe it's connected. Don't have much hope that it's any good but approaching with an open mind.

There's a not quite director's cut of Alien 3 which I think is a bit better. But in general I think it's a much better film than it's given credit for.

Prometheus is on telly tonight. Going to watch it because I'm going to see the new Alien movie on Thursday night and I believe it's connected. Don't have much hope that it's any good but approaching with an open mind.

On the other hand that's a film I didn't enjoy which other people seemed to.

argh, god, no. It is awaraful. A mess.

The Aliens Directors Cut was on film 4 the other night and reminded me that Bill Paxton is dead. :(

I'm not a big fan of that cut either. Seeing the colony pre-xenomorph fuck up takes so much away from the film.

Captain America was on TV last night. America fuck yea. Bollox.
Ha, that was on the TV after we finished an episode of Stranger Things. I was fluffing about on the phone not paying attention. After 30 minutes my missus clicked out of a haze and said "what the fuck is this?" and promptly turned the TV off and went to bed.

Saw Ex Machina on Saturday. A feature length Black Mirror yeah? I couldn't help but feel pandered to with the full frontal nudity. So no complaints.

Last edited:
Hi rise. (recorded from film 4)
Very Kubrick-esque. It looked great but quiet cold & detached & not that likeable. I have the book somewhere (unread) so i knew the jist of it, but I though it could have done with a bit more of a conventional narrative to explain the decent into Sodom & Gomorrah.

Hi rise. (recorded from film 4)
Very Kubrick-esque. It looked great but quiet cold & detached & not that likeable. I have the book somewhere (unread) so i knew the jist of it, but I though it could have done with a bit more of a conventional narrative to explain the decent into Sodom & Gomorrah.
I liked it. And considering I love the book that's not a bad outcome for auld Ben.

Went to see The Ice Storm in the lighthouse last night. Everything about this film is amazing except this guys whig.
tumblr_inline_nkeaphcmdj1t2yz6y.jpg

Denial
That one about the David Irving trial. Interesting enough. Rachel Weisz is always good. Timothy Spall is a little bit hammy, but Tom Wilkinson is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back