What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

i hate that chris pratt motherfucker.

Just watched this.
10885189_ori.jpg

Great.

The Rocketeer
Hadn't seen this since I went to see it in the cinema. Rare I say this but it seems ripe for a remake. The effects are pretty good for the day but the script/acting falls a bit flat in places. There's also this really weird scene between Jennifer Connolly and Timothy Dalton after he chloroforms her. I think it is meant to hark back to '30s cinema but it falls flat and is downright weird.

Miracle Mile
I reckon this is my favourite film, or at least one of them. The film bombed at the box office but apparently nowadays has a cult following. I really love it, warts and all. Some of the acting is wooden and some of the attempts at humour are either dated or fell flat in the first instance but it's a one of a kind. I can't recall how often I've watched it but there's always something else I notice and enjoy in it. Last night I noticed that one character is speed reading the Cliffs Notes for Gravity's Rainbow.

Watched Blood on Satan's Claw and Theatre of Blood with the missus. She hadn't seen them before.
She noted that when Angel succumbs to her unholy master she turns into Cara Delevingne

angel_brows.jpg

Two of my favourite movies with great soundtracks.

Watched Caroline and Boxtrolls last night Caroline was allot better than I remember Boxtrolls was great I wonder if could be a little scary for my niece I have Paranorman to see tonight

large_we-are-what-we-are-2013-poster.jpg

We Are What We Are. American remake of a Mexican horror movie about a family harbouring a dark secret. Was a bit disappointed by this. I enjoyed the original, but I’m a huge fan of Jim Mickle (Cold in July, Stakeland, Mulberry Street), director of the remake and was expecting him to improve on it. He didn’t really. The two girls are really impressive in this, but it takes ages to get going and loads of the plot doesn’t make sense. 5/10

Just been to see Slow West which is an oddball comic western starring Fassbender and Ben Mendelsohn. I loved it. One of the best of the year for me. Funny, weird, tense and full of extremely likeable characters. Beautifully shot and scored. A winner.
image.jpg

Contagion – Soderbergh’s scary epidemic thriller. Lots of A listers standing around saying important things in serious voices.

Fright Night – 2011 remake. Not bad at all as far as these things go. They’ve managed to capture the jokey spirit of the original, Farrell and David Tennant are good in it and Evil Ed is far less annoying in this version.

naked.

first Mike Leigh film I've seen. totally blew me away. where to next for his films?
Not many of his films have that same feverish, hellish quality. Although most are equally as intelligent and bleak in their own way. Secrets and Lies, the one that won him the Palme d'Or, is probably my favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back