What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

I watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot again. Great movie. Just as well I'd seen it before because UPC kept freezing and then skipping. It even skipped past the ending..which is unforgivable.

Great cast but Jeff Bridges steals the show
4433.jpg

Yeah, I thought both were really good. A Girl... is very much Jarmusch-worship but not to the point of being irrelevant. The story is simple but charming, it looks fantastic and I thought it hung together very well.

20,000 Days on Earth
was great fun, much better than I was expecting and fit nicely with Cave's music, writing and persona. Having seen every other Nick Cave film (Pleasureheads Must Burn, The Road to God Knows Where, God is in the House, etc.), I thought there wasn't much left to surprise/interest me but I was wrong.

I just made my June dvd order which included.

The Duke of Burgundy - My favourite film and score of the year so far. Referential to 70s erotic horror while doing something completely engaging both visually and aurally.

The Bloodstained Shadow. Giallo directed by Antonio Bido. Never seen it but you can't go wrong with a film scored by Stelvio Cipriani.

Children's Film Foundation: Weird Adventures. Three films from 60s and 70s British television, released by the BFI. CRAZY AS FUCK

Children's Film Foundtation: Scary Stories. Same. Scary as fuck.

Black Sunday. Arrow Bluray release of the Mario Bava classic, containing both the original superior Italian cut and the AIP (I think) US cut.

Film night viewing for the next couple of weeks

Watched SuperMench the other night the Mike Myers doco about the Alice Cooper manager (among many other things). I liked it.
Just finished Big Hero 6. Fucking Lassater and his films about death....sniff sniff

I saw The Innocents for the first time. I can't believe that I've never seen this before. A woman takes a job as a governess in a secluded country mansion looking after two children whose previous governess has died. She starts to believe that the house is haunted and that one of the children might be possessed.

Beautifully shot and really creepy. Need to pick this up on Bluray.

Next up, I watched Pieces, my favourite slasher film. Where gialli were one of the biggest influences on the slasher film, Pieces is a reinterpretation of the giallo via the slasher genre from 1982. Amazing and crazy as fuck.

Also, watched a few episodes of Out of the Unknown. The bbc science fiction anthology series from the 60s and 70s. While this one is a little expensive to pick up it's well worth it. Each episode is its own self contained dystopian nightmare.

Spent the weekend watching Sonic Highways, wherein Foo Fighters (yeh I know) travel to 8 American cities to record in iconic studios and meet local musicians and investigate the history of each city's music. I thought it was fucking great!
Though the songs they write to finish each episode are a bit gank overall.

I saw The Innocents for the first time. I can't believe that I've never seen this before. A woman takes a job as a governess in a secluded country mansion looking after two children whose previous governess has died. She starts to believe that the house is haunted and that one of the children might be possessed.

Beautifully shot and really creepy. Need to pick this up on Bluray.
Have you read Turn of the Screw? Terrific book but they really did well with that adaptation. Deborah Kerr at her finest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back