What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

The Salvation.

Mads Mikkelson doing his thing in a mad Western. Cantona is in it. It's real good, extremely stylised cinema made for a no bullshit story. Mads rules.

It would be great if there were more people making films like Zentropa.

Tempted to re-watch The Lawnmower Man, watched a trailer for it and it was pretty funny but hard to tell if that nostalgia would last for an entire film

Those effects... and Jeff Fahey's dungarees. Go for it
dat sex scene

lawnmower5.jpg

So, A Girl Walks Home At Night is incredible and possibly equals Duke of Burgundy as my favourite film of the year so far. Aside from that, it;s the best vampire film I've seen in years. I recommend 100% for folks on the same film wavelength as me. I'll write a bit more about it once I've processed it some more. I'm trying to figure out what it reminds me of, in some ways it's like one of my favourite films of all time Near Dark but there's a lot more going on there and it's really a unique film.

Girl-Walks-Home-Alone1.jpg

The Salvation.

Mads Mikkelson doing his thing in a mad Western. Cantona is in it. It's real good, extremely stylised cinema made for a no bullshit story. Mads rules.

I enjoyed it ,Mikkelson was great as usual. I loved the look of it but the CGI for the flames was pretty poor. I miss squibs for gunfire too.

9214068bfd625b21472ebd8d7287b4ac.jpg

charles bronson and the chief from one flew over the cuckoo's nest hunt a poor auld white buffalo who was probably just trying to get on with life in fairness. i was only half-watching and missed the first half hour or so, in which from the look of it fuck all happened anyway except CB bimbling around the wild west making quips, getting in shoot-outs, and disappointing some lil lady cos he gotta go do man stuff. great poster though.

this is why i don't do reviews

MV5BMTUyOTYwMDIwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ4NzcyOQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Good Vibrations - 2013
I liked this. Has a nice slap dash feel about it and some of the crappest lookylikey actors ever. Great to hear a nordie accent throughout. The overriding themes of youth, a positive human spirit, following your heart and kicking against the pricks are corny but uplifting.

20131213.00-11.0046.0048.00-51mgfesizol__sl500_aa300__v_Variation_4.jpg

Control - 2007
I only have a passing interest in Joy Division, but I loved this. Feels like you are watching a documentary of the real band at times. The actor playing Ian Curtis is Ian Curtis as far as I can make out, especially during the performance scenes. Toby Kebbell great as usual as their amateurish manager. Only as the final scene faded to black did I find out Ian Curtis was only 23 when he died. That was upsetting. Great film, won't delete it yet. Going to dig out Unkown Pleasures today.

Great soundtracks in both these films obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back