What movie did you watch last night? (25 Viewers)

Saw While We’re Young the other day. New Noah Baumbach film about a middle aged couple who befriend a young hipster couple who turn their life upside down. I loved it but I’ve loved all of his films.

While We're Young (2014) - IMDb

Also watched Eden Lake which is a really gruelling horror film in which Fassbender and his girlfriend get menaced by a bunch of chav kids while camping in the woods. There’s loads of inconsistencies and really stupid coincidences but it’s fairly gripping and real nasty in places. Think of Deliverance or Southern Comfort updated to the English countryside.

Eden Lake (2008) - IMDb

Over the weekend.

3 Women (possibly the best Altman I've seen which is saying something - terrific)
716vg8FjExL._SL1024_.jpg

Wild Tales (6 vignettes of the black comic variety. At times light but thoroughly enjoyable; particularly the best worst movie wedding I've seen)
wild_tales_1.jpg

The Passion of Anna (not the best Bergman by a long shot but intriguing character study of respective lonely widow/widower. Von Sydow, Ullman and Anderson excellent as per usual)
p10526_p_v7_aa.jpg

Also sated my hangover craving for Gladiator on Easter Sunday. And why not

Anyone going to see Lost River on Thursday in the Lighthouse?
I'm really tempted to go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Johnny Jewel's score is one of the best things I've heard this year.

Over the weekend.

3 Women (possibly the best Altman I've seen which is saying something - terrific)
716vg8FjExL._SL1024_.jpg

Wild Tales (6 vignettes of the black comic variety. At times light but thoroughly enjoyable; particularly the best worst movie wedding I've seen)
wild_tales_1.jpg

The Passion of Anna (not the best Bergman by a long shot but intriguing character study of respective lonely widow/widower. Von Sydow, Ullman and Anderson excellent as per usual)
p10526_p_v7_aa.jpg

Also sated my hangover craving for Gladiator on Easter Sunday. And why not
Been meaning to check out 3 Women for ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back