What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Song_of_the_Sea_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

Faaaaack!!! this was only amazing

Spring (2014)
New film from the team you made the great RESOLUTION. Don't go into this one expecting full on horror or you will be disappointed. Its pretty original and a lot more ambitious than their previous projects.
This was a cool little flick. Managed to combine elements of horror, romance and comedy very well. great chemistry between the leads. nadia hilker is gorgeous

Birdman.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but man was a film ever overhyped.

Will we never learn?

7/10

Interstellar.

What can I say.Best sci fi movie in years.I didnt want it to end.

8.5/10

Watching a horrifically violent prison movie called Felony with Stephen Dorf and Val Kilmer which is about prison guards staging gladiator style fighting matches in a New Mexico prison. Supposedly based on real events.

that was 'i really enjoyed interstellar too' like.
Fucking BELTER of a movie

I'm really disgusted I didnt see it in imax 3d or whatever the fuck they call it

Didnt matter though.A fucking CRACKER of a story..and superbly made

Watching a horrifically violent prison movie called Felony with Stephen Dorf and Val Kilmer which is about prison guards staging gladiator style fighting matches in a New Mexico prison. Supposedly based on real events.
Thats weird..but I saw a clickbait headline somewhere over the last few days that was basically the premise of that movie.

Is it any good?

I love a good prison movie..

That Starred UP was decent.Some great slashings and prison rapes in it etc.Real bleak.

Thats weird..but I saw a clickbait headline somewhere over the last few days that was basically the premise of that movie.

Is it any good?

I love a good prison movie..

That Starred UP was decent.Some great slashings and prison rapes in it etc.Real bleak.
I I love a good prison movie myself. This is a worthy effort. Several nasty shanking scenes.

Wild Tales in the cinema. The best thing I've seen in ages. A few people walked out after the first part of the film. I'm sure why is mentioned in all the reviews.

Gravity at home. I don't think the combo of my thirteen year old dvd player and ten year old 23" tv did this justice.

ET.
Good lord! When I was a kid I just remembered the flying bicycles.
It's only now I realise what a strange film it really is.
Very moody and threatening.
Rows of federal agents marching in the sunset.
The spooky suburban house on the hill clad in plastic
Being chased by astronauts

I wonder what would the 2015 version look like.

2/3 of the way through 'dreams of a life'

a partly-dramatised documentary about joyce vincent, who you may remember as that woman who died in a flat in london in 2003 and went undiscovered for 3 years

it's very grim and bizarre

she wasn't some weird isolated cat lady as you might imagine...she was a bit of a mysterious troubled weirdo but beautiful and outgoing and everyone seemed to love her

several bizarre details stem from her flatsharing and then being in a relationship with some music manager guy for a while: dressing up in a french maid outfit to serve drinks to captain sensible, chatting with gil scott heron at a dinner party, a long phone conversation with isaac hayes

Watched half of Slacker in bed last night coz Netflix is losing it at the end of the month (also infuriatingly don't seem to have The Punk Singer any more). Very of it's time but enjoyable nonetheless. Will finish it tonight.

Rolling Vengeance (1987)
600full-rolling-vengeance-poster.jpg

Excellent entry into the often over looked '80's Grindhouse Monstertruck revenge genre' - has great montage scenes and Ned Beaty's hair is worth the price of admission alone. Poor, Poor Ned.

Fast Five

Just as I remember it. A good, dumb, action heist movie.
Lots of suspension of disbelief - fast cars can drag heavy things, Vin Diesel is clever. But it's up there with Bad Boys.
Good getting-the-gang-together scenes. And Dwayne Johnson is all you could hope for.

Spent the whole time wondering if @Cormcolash would like it

Have no clue

Faults. Oddball comedy thriller about a couple who hire an expert on cults to kidnap and deprogramme their daughter who has been taken in by one. Interesting premise and a good cast but I was a bit disappointed. It starts brilliantly but I lost interest when the plot kicked in and the weirdness went into overdrive. It seemed like the director was too much in thrall to the Coen brothers and PT Anderson. not without talent though and this is his debut so hopefully he finds his own voice soon.
faults_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back