What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Viggo is a fantastic actor and I think there is nothing wrong with being Cronenberg-y. Those films are definitely less weird and more conventional but still magnificent esp. History of Violence. Dead Ringers is up there in my top three horror movies because It genuinely got under my skin..I just felt so mutilated after watching it..just as Cronenberg intended lol
Indeed, no one does Cronenburgy like Cronenburg, but it's great to see that he can make conventional (if you will) movies AND HOW.

"What's with the make up and shit? Can't you just do it all with a computer?"

I know it's a naff movie, but I loved Coppella's Dracula for all the old-timey effects they used. If the star of your new movie is your pentium 1,000,000 processor, I ain't watching. Soz.

Slightly off topic. Anyway. Cronenburg rules, I think we've established that.

This is the single greatest piece of acting ever committed to film

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No love for ?
Videodrome_poster.jpg

Palo Alto

palo-alto-poster02.jpg

This didn't suck anywhere near as much as I thought it would. Jack Kilmer was actually kind of delightful, and it kind of hit the bone on how DRAMATIC and UPSETTING being a teenager is, without going too overboard. I think the female characters were pretty interesting. James Franco was a dirtbag in it which made me quite happy. I mean, it wasn't excellent, or even great, but it was good

Divergent

11178910_800.jpg

You know what? I totally dug this. I really did. It was formulaic as fuck and predictable as hell, but it just worked for me. I thought the leads were fantastic, and like JESUS the guy that played four was ... incredible looking. I know its soft sci-fi for tweens, but I actually really enjoyed it, way more than the Hunger Games. Go figure, everyone else HATED it!

Divergent

11178910_800.jpg

You know what? I totally dug this. I really did. It was formulaic as fuck and predictable as hell, but it just worked for me. I thought the leads were fantastic, and like JESUS the guy that played four was ... incredible looking. I know its soft sci-fi for tweens, but I actually really enjoyed it, way more than the Hunger Games. Go figure, everyone else HATED it!

I just watched it as being an allegory for high school. I found it easier that way.

And I have all the time in the world for that Shailene girl right now.

I watched Sound it Out - real nice doc about the last record shop in Teeside.

had a quick search for torrent of it, no joy. you stream/dvd watch it?

Crash is a bit iffy alright. I like Naked Lunch. You probably wouldn’t get away with making a film like it today.
I still have to watch Crash.

I loved the novel. It's well fucked.

Hard to imagine how it could be set anywhere except london though.

I'm sure LA has traffic n' all but london's traffic is like a force of nature. Like drizzle or fog. Awful inescapable greyness.

This is a great documentary. While these are a dime a dozen nowadays, I love this one as it's really about the people that frequent the shop - the shop as critical community service. Some characters as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back