What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Wayne's world

tumblr_mbg7m1L2GN1rafrbuo1_500.jpg
/10

Collider
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Irish-made film about time travellers that get stuck in an apocalyptic world and have to try and escape through time to avert the disaster.

Obviously I went to see this thinking "Haha this is gonna be hilariously shit."

In reality, this film is almost unbelievably bad. It is fucking magnificently awful. It's like someone watched The Room and used that to learn directing. Absolute total utter bollocks.

There were a few walkouts after around 20 minutes.

There are bits to laugh at, but the laughs come from how incredibly stupid the characters can be, and how amazingly cliched the dialogue is. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

The plot is total nonsense, there's not a hint of logic to how any of the characters act. The acting is fucking dire. The script is atrocious. There are hilarious shit CGI effects. Even the music is bollocks. Someone got a sampler with 'ominous horror-synth' on it, and just left the thing on the one note for the entire film.

This really is a masterclass in complete shite. It's a good thing I knew it was going to be total guff when I decided to go and see it for a laugh. Thing is, though, this is so bad there's not even much to laugh at. It's not even bad in an amusing way, it's just fucking bollocks.

I would give the film a star rating out of 10, but it doesn't deserve any. Not a single one. For some reason this has like 6.3 rating or something on imdb. The cast and crew must have been the only ones voting for it.

If I was able to travel in time like they can in this film, I'd go back to 2010 or something and tell everyone involved in it never to go into film.

So there is just one question remaining about this monstrosity: How much money did the people get to make it? It's an Irish effort, right, so who were they mates with when they put the application in for that one? Did they all actually get paid for this? Was it from taxpayers money?

If so, I am gonna get in touch with Ming Flanagan and see if he can ask for all the money back in the Dail at some point.

Avoid at all costs.

Stuart: A Life Backwards (2007)

Benedict-Cumberbatch-and--010.jpg

I dunno how this flew under my radar for so long. Fantastic made for TV film about a writer (played by Sherlock Holmes) who comes across a violent, alcoholic homeless man (portrayed wonderfully by Bane) and decides to write his life story. I expected it to be a total downer but there are lots of lighter moments among the dark.

Dogma. I hadn't seen it in years, and it was interesting to see how much my perception of it had changed ie back when it was first out the name gained byword status for subversion, same as South Park. But seeing it last night I found it pretty heavy-handed and too-clever on the moralising, and Linda Fiorentino really overdid the eye-rolling incredulity. Still and all the film's pretty fun, with an excellent cast. Also I'd never gotten the Indiana Jones "no ticket" reference before.

Stuart: A Life Backwards (2007)

Benedict-Cumberbatch-and--010.jpg

I dunno how this flew under my radar for so long. Fantastic made for TV film about a writer (played by Sherlock Holmes) who comes across a violent, alcoholic homeless man (portrayed wonderfully by Bane) and decides to write his life story. I expected it to be a total downer but there are lots of lighter moments among the dark.
Yeah this is really good and the book it's based on is well worth checking out too

Collider
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Irish-made film about time travellers that get stuck in an apocalyptic world and have to try and escape through time to avert the disaster.

Obviously I went to see this thinking "Haha this is gonna be hilariously shit."

In reality, this film is almost unbelievably bad. It is fucking magnificently awful. It's like someone watched The Room and used that to learn directing. Absolute total utter bollocks.

There were a few walkouts after around 20 minutes.

There are bits to laugh at, but the laughs come from how incredibly stupid the characters can be, and how amazingly cliched the dialogue is. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

The plot is total nonsense, there's not a hint of logic to how any of the characters act. The acting is fucking dire. The script is atrocious. There are hilarious shit CGI effects. Even the music is bollocks. Someone got a sampler with 'ominous horror-synth' on it, and just left the thing on the one note for the entire film.

This really is a masterclass in complete shite. It's a good thing I knew it was going to be total guff when I decided to go and see it for a laugh. Thing is, though, this is so bad there's not even much to laugh at. It's not even bad in an amusing way, it's just fucking bollocks.

I would give the film a star rating out of 10, but it doesn't deserve any. Not a single one. For some reason this has like 6.3 rating or something on imdb. The cast and crew must have been the only ones voting for it.

If I was able to travel in time like they can in this film, I'd go back to 2010 or something and tell everyone involved in it never to go into film.

So there is just one question remaining about this monstrosity: How much money did the people get to make it? It's an Irish effort, right, so who were they mates with when they put the application in for that one? Did they all actually get paid for this? Was it from taxpayers money?

If so, I am gonna get in touch with Ming Flanagan and see if he can ask for all the money back in the Dail at some point.

Avoid at all costs.

I have to see this

August: Osage County

A supergroup of acting, with Meryl Streep front and centre, but everyone gets a solo.

Meryl Streep is just everything. I love her.
I need to see that, I love her.

American Hussle. Meh, is about all I can muster. I like Jennifer Lawrence a lot but I'd say she jumped the shark there. Amy, on the other hand was fab.
12 years a slave was equally beautiful and tough going. Glad I saw it, never want to see it again.

Wayne's world

tumblr_mbg7m1L2GN1rafrbuo1_500.jpg
/10
Watched that again within the last year, really doesn't hold up. Lara Flynn-Boyle is about the only good thing in it.

Saw The Wolf of Wall Street there night before last. Wasn't into it. My housemate was watching the latest Star Trek last night; dogshit. I'm not really into Star Trek though.

Last edited:
Inside Llewyn Davis - one of the Coens' shaggy dog stories.. The storyline is slight, just a string of incidents over several days in the life of a guy at a particularly low ebb. The main character is a bit of a dickhead, a frustrated artist mooching off the same people he looks down on, but you get a rounded enough portrayal of him that it doesn't feel like the misanthropy that the Coens can slip into sometimes. The early '60s NYC folk scene setting feels well observed and the music performance scenes are good. I'd put it somewhere in the upper mid tier of their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back