What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

Little Miss Sunshine. Finally ... really good.

I've only been at a mass walk out movie once - Man Bites Dog in the IFC.

I worked in a cinema from 98 to 2000 and the record walk out flick was Magnolia usually during this scene

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Most walk out's I've seen was Twelve Monkeys in UCI Tallaght.

"Tha's bleedin' shite it doesn't make any fuckin' sense and there's no fuckin' monkeys in it" seemed to be the general consensus at the screening I was at. The ladies in the audience seemed unimpressed by Brad Pitts hair and "Cockeye"

Also Tree of Life in the one on Parnell street whatever it's called. Around the time the dinosaurs turned up, half the audience had had enough.

still never walked out. can never bring myself to, mostly i kid myself it's a matter of pride to sit right through and get my money's worth.

it's to my eternal shame though, that i didn't walk out of zoltan. unforgiveable

Prometheus.

Looked great.
Great performances from Rapace, Fassbender and Theron.
Only related to Alien in the most tangental and peripheral of ways.

Why the fuck did they have Guy Pierce ply the old guy - is the world running out of old actors - or is there a prequel to a prequel planned?

Am I right in thinking the signs left all over the earth by the aliens to bring us to them didn't actually point to their home but to the workshop in their garage shed??

Charlize's charachter would have been better if she wasn't his daughter but just another corporate achiever like Paul Reiser.

The bit in the auto-medical-device-thingy (where it says it's calibrated for a man) was spoiled by having David talk to Guy Pierce a few moment before.

And we get Aliens when maggots are accidentally exposed to black goo or is it when humans eat the black goo, or when humans and black goo babies eat other aliens - I am confuse.

Prometheus.

Looked great.
Great performances from Rapace, Fassbender and Theron.
Only related to Alien in the most tangental and peripheral of ways.

Why the fuck did they have Guy Pierce ply the old guy - is the world running out of old actors - or is there a prequel to a prequel planned?

Am I right in thinking the signs left all over the earth by the aliens to bring us to them didn't actually point to their home but to the workshop in their garage shed??

Charlize's charachter would have been better if she wasn't his daughter but just another corporate achiever like Paul Reiser.

The bit in the auto-medical-device-thingy (where it says it's calibrated for a man) was spoiled by having David talk to Guy Pierce a few moment before.

And we get Aliens when maggots are accidentally exposed to black goo or is it when humans eat the black goo, or when humans and black goo babies eat other aliens - I am confuse.

Apparently they shot a lot of scenes featuring Guy Pierce as young 'old man' but never included it so we only saw Guy in his old man make up.

As a result I'd imagine we'll get numerous Prometheus - Director's Cuts over the next few years...

More spoilers here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't worry
It's a film you'll grow to really really despise with a few more viewings.

Only ever saw LMS once. Loved it, but the jokes might not work a second time eg the Granpa with his: hey I've still got the nazi bullets in me, routine.Its difficult to identify with a heroin junkie anyway.

Just back from Cosmopolis. I enjoyed it. Great creepy performance from R-Patz!

Wow, each to his own I guess. Yeah he wasn't bad in it but I just found some of the scenes and dialogue so forced and clunky. As was said in the review above, it struck me as struggling manfully with material that may have been best left well alone.

Sorcerer - William Friedkin's remake of Wages of Fear. Brilliant. Unbearably tense at times. You get the impression Friedkin didn't give a hoot about the safety of the cast and crew and it makes for exciting viewing. The bridge scene is stunning. I defy any contemporary director to recreate a scene as nerve wracking and as that without the use of CGI and sound stages.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back