What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

shutter_island_ver2.jpg

Left about half way through. Visually it's excellent, other than that, meh no care.

Went to see this in the cinema last night

machete_movie_poster.jpg

I thought it was awesome, but not sure it would be everyone's cup of tea :)

carlos-poster_280x415.jpg

pretty good,could have done with more shooting/bombs and less of the unnecessary sexual content but no big complaints otherwise.
im disappointed to hear the last exorcism was so bad,i wasn't expecting a masterpiece but thought it might fill a couple of hours,guess ill give it a miss now.

Rare-Exports-A-Christmas-Tale1.jpg

Wanted to see MONSTERS yesterday but it wasn't showing as the print never arrived due to the shitty weather - so went into see London Boulevard but missed it cos of the traffic so ended up seeing this.

It wasn't half bad but it kinda falls between stools and isn't totally sure what kinda of film it is. It starts off pretty grim and gritty and then in the middle it lightens up completely. The cutesy ending worked though..
Reminded me a bit of some of Joe Dante's stuff. The film has also filled my quota for old mans shriveled penis for the rest of the year. I'm sorry I didn't bring some mince pies and mulled wine to this (though I did have some Devil's Bit there was no way to heat or mull it in the cinema).

The end of violence
End-of-Violence,-The.jpg

Wim Wenders preposterous pretentious nonsense. It would have worked if it had a heart some balls a plot that wasn't limp as a two year old old piece of lettuce, characters that don't seem to be completely bi-polar. Wenders seems to want to be David Lynch or Atom Egoyan and he just isn't and Ry Cooder is no Angelo Badalamenti. An occasionally unintentionally funny and utterly laboured mess.

The end of violence
End-of-Violence,-The.jpg

Wim Wenders preposterous pretentious nonsense. It would have worked if it had a heart some balls a plot that wasn't limp as a two year old old piece of lettuce, characters that don't seem to be completely bi-polar. Wenders seems to want to be David Lynch or Atom Egoyan and he just isn't and Ry Cooder is no Angelo Badalamenti. An occasionally unintentionally funny and utterly laboured mess.

never-let-me-go-movie.jpg

I'd do everyone in this movie... it was nice. Sad, a bit/a lot self indulgent, but cute. God, so cute.

Alice In Wonderland (1933)

Alice-in-Wonderland-1933-inside.jpg

Very fucked up and bizarre version of the classic novel. Despite the title its a mismash of Wonderland+Through the Looking Glass. WC Fields steals the show as Humpty Dumpty - some great costumes and effects. The flamingo Croquet is mental with very distressed real birds.....

Definitely gets across the surrealness of the book..Recommended.

Treevenge (2008)

treevenge_logob.gif

Funny short from the director of the new Hobo with a Shotgun...Xmas trees have had enough and its time to carry out a bloody revenge...Keep an eye out for JRoc from TPB. They also steal the theme tune from Cannibal Holocaust..

Just found the whole thing on youtube:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Backwoods

images

Pretty average entry into the American Gothic/Hostile locals genre. Gary Oldman, Paddy Considine and the 2 most annoying females ever find a deformed girl locked in a house during their trip to Spain. This leads them into conflict with the locals. This kinda reminded me of a Spanish Strawdogs - kinda decent 'twist' at the end...

Enter The Void.

Missed it in the cinema unfortunately, so had to settle for seeing it on me telly. Absolutely amazing visually!!! I can only imagine how powerful and headfucking it would have been on the big screen. The plot was ok, and it kinda bored me a little towards the end*, but overall I enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it to ANYONE with an interest in film-making, unless they have epilepsy. Seriously.

!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!

*As with most Gaspar Noe films some people will be left wondering if some of the more graphic stuff NEEDED to shown, and I felt it here more so than any of his other films. While in his other films I found the graphic stuff to be essential to the story, there's a whole orgy scene near the end that goes on faaaaaaaaaaar too long and really doesn't need to be there at all. Pity because it kinda drags the film down a bit imho.

enter the void was like getting fucked in the ear by a neon vibrating dildo for 3 hours.

a good thing.

last night i watched the king of comedy with de niro. can't believe i missed this little gem. genuinely disturbing and the last scene delivery by de niro might rank as one of his best.

The_Warriors_Way_Poster.jpg

A Korean guy pretending to be Chinese while practising Japanese swordplay defends a town of Carnyfolk in this surreal version of 7(-6) Samurai.

Kinda entertaining if you've nothing to watch..Danny Huston is a pretty good bag guy. Ti Lung also has a small part. Prolly would have enjoyed it more if i brought some Druids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back