What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

social network is great on 2nd viewing. probably got one of the lamest trailer for any fincher movie so far.

watched scott pilgrim baked which was a lolercoaster of lolz. i reckon edgar right here right now will probably end up directing some multi million franchise like spiderman or superman in a few years.

almost great, let down by the final 20 minutes

poster_sunshine-final.jpg

Awesomeness

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also watched Robocop 2, not as good as the first, way to cheesy in parts. Still enjoyable though.

Best part - the ridiculous singing of ROBOCOP about a minute into the closing theme.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heroes_of_the_east_poster.jpg

Gordon Liu marries a Japanese woman and disparages Japanese martial arts, ends up having to fight masters of various forms of martial arts.

1969z.jpg

This here is a western with Lee Van Cleef. It's a good one, lot of nice ridiculous touches as well.

RollingThunder.jpg

William Devane's wife and child are murdered and he loses his hand so he's out for justice (which John Flynn also directed). Allegedly "starring" Tommy Lee Jones, but "appears at the start and pops up for the shootout at the end" would be more accurate.

The American - thought it was really good. Not entirely sure why. All very 70's

Iron Man 2 - FINALLY. also, YES.

I saw 'Let me in'.. I think Let the right one in' is a five star movie, absolutely adore it. That said, decided not to go in negatively, and really really enjoyed it. Really similar actually... I'd say a four star film. The kids are pretty good. The boy who plays Owen looks like a small, really white Ian Curtis.

2cf4om1.jpg

If the Wu Tang Clan have an album named after a film, that's a good sign. Dudes fighting with various weapons including flags.

51-3nqlx0yL.jpg

This is pretty ridiculous. Has the police chief from Mad Max as a prison guard. A bunch of "deviants" in prison are offered freedom in exchange for being hunted for a day.

kill_baby_kill.jpg

Mario Bava film about a town with a curse involving an evil ghost child.

Man I love TURKEY SHOOT - I seen that in the cinema here on that old cinema that is now the LAughter Lounge. There was like 3 other ppl in the cinema..

images

Enjoyable but very one sided doc about an Ozzie surf gang.....Between this and SOA I dunno which type of gang to join now...

Girl Interupted on TG4, well, most of it.
We hit at crucial ad break about 3/4 way through it.
"what do you think happens?"
"she gets better.. she decides to get better, then gets better"
-click- off

is that what happened?

true-legend.jpg

New Yuen Woo-Ping. Some really nice fight scenes, kind of loses focus about two thirds in (fights main bad guy in the middle and in the end is fighting some wrestlers) but worth watching. Loads of wirework and CGI, which may offend some people, but it's extremely well done (not like say Ninja Assassin, where the effects just didn't feel right). Michelle Yeoh and Gordon Liu pop up but don't fight.

invasion%20usa.jpg

This is everything that was right about the 80s.

8yi610.jpg

I dunno why but I kinda stopped watching Chinese movies and I think this made me realise how much I miss them..I'm a big Donnie Yen fan and its great to see him chain punch his way thru a bunch of Japanese bad guys..I think Samo Hung did the fight scenes. I might watch part 2 later.

Ip Man is great. Didn't recogise the guy who gets smacked on the backside as being Ricky from Story of Ricky at all though,

SevenSwordsTeaserPoster.jpg

Also with Donnie Yen. This is pretty great, apart from it being the 2.5 hour version instead of the 4 hour original, so it's a bit low on the sense making at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back