What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

professionnel-1981-aff-01-g.jpg

professionnel-1981-03-g.jpg

Belmondo is sold out by the French secret service after being sent to the fictional country of Malagawi to assassinate the president, escapes and tells them he's going to finish the job. Also, he has a gun down the front of his pants (see above). Not recommended unless you are Jean-Paul Belmondo or you want to burn the bollix off yourself after shooting. Also, that has to get pretty uncomfortable sitting down.

img_760035_18178784_0

Ever watched a western and thought, these Jack Palances and Lee Van Cleefs and all are grand, but what this really needs is more samurai? This here has a cast of Charles Bronson, Toshiro Mifune, Alain Delon and Ursula Andress, which is pretty good casting in anyone's book. Bronson and Delon rob a train carrying the Japanese ambassador carrying a sword to the president, and more importantly carrying Toshiro Mifune. Delon takes the sword, a bunch of cash, kills a samurai and tries to kill Bronson for good measure. Mifune and Bronson go after him. You get the idea.

img_760035_18178784_0

Ever watched a western and thought, these Jack Palances and Lee Van Cleefs and all are grand, but what this really needs is more samurai? This here has a cast of Charles Bronson, Toshiro Mifune, Alain Delon and Ursula Andress, which is pretty good casting in anyone's book. Bronson and Delon rob a train carrying the Japanese ambassador carrying a sword to the president, and more importantly carrying Toshiro Mifune. Delon takes the sword, a bunch of cash, kills a samurai and tries to kill Bronson for good measure. Mifune and Bronson go after him. You get the idea.

SOUNDS FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Dinerposter.jpg

Hadn't seen this in years but I recorded it over the christmas period and only got around to watching it, it was the perfect way to pass a well earned day off!

I'd never noticed how much of it is improvised before but you can tell when you watch it as the actors struggle with some lines or really laugh so that adds to the natural feel of the flick.

Great soundtrack too and it reminded me to get my knob out next time I'm in the cinema with my bird...

Dinerposter.jpg

Hadn't seen this in years but I recorded it over the christmas period and only got around to watching it, it was the perfect way to pass a well earned day off!

I'd never noticed how much of it is improvised before but you can tell when you watch it as the actors struggle with some lines or really laugh so that adds to the natural feel of the flick.

Great soundtrack too and it reminded me to get my knob out next time I'm in the cinema with my bird...

snakes in the popcorn

The Orphanage - Awesome all round. Great story, well told with some really well executed chills.

The Lady from Shanghai - Pretty crazy Orson Welles noir with his then wife Rita Hayworth and Orson testing the limits of the 'oirish' accent as Mick 'black irish' O'Hara. Very entertaining overall with some great Wellesian bombastic lines and framing. Like most of his films though it was hacheted by about an hour by the studio.

Elvis: The Movie - Kurt Russel as Elvis. John Carpenter directing. Class.

Dinerposter.jpg

Awesome film. One of the few I actually own on DVD.

iw6edv.jpg

I forgot I was watching the directors cut version and was wondering why it was longer than I remembered. Even though the extra 5 mins is only that black out scene with music indicating the passage of time. Still, it's even more excellent than I remembered and might be my favourite film from the last decade. Definately better than Fight Club.

ah Gambra it's not that great. The best thing about it is their clothes

Or am I just missing a joke here?

horrid film. wretched cunts shouting at each other for 2 hours. some frightful acting too
alpha-dog-poster-3.jpg

you won't find a better looking film in the coen's canon. not perfect. the plot is pretty confusing, even after repeat viewings. some brilliantly suspenseful scenes and it's funny as fuck though. the bit with albert finney and the tommy gun and danny boy playing is as tense as anything in no country for old men

millers-xng_poster.jpg

horrid film. wretched cunts shouting at each other for 2 hours. some frightful acting too
alpha-dog-poster-3.jpg

lol....AND BRUCE WILLIS

you won't find a better looking film in the coen's canon. not perfect. the plot is pretty confusing, even after repeat viewings. some brilliantly suspenseful scenes and it's funny as fuck though. the bit with albert finney and the tommy gun and danny boy playing is as tense as anything in no country for old men

millers-xng_poster.jpg

incredible movie, such a grower.
still think barton fink is one of the cohens best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back