What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

moon-movie-poster.jpg

Decent enough, nothing amazing.

abc.jpg

Better than Jess Franco's silly lady prison films anyway, but as ridiculous prison revenge films go, it's nowhere near as good as Story of Ricky.

dolemite-remake.jpg

Terrible acting, but highly entertaining. It's hard not to like a film with lines like "Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is my game" and "Tell him I want him out in 24 hours, and 23 of them are already gone". Also, it's where the talking bit as the start of Kool Keith's Sex Style comes from.

BlackSamurai.jpg

Terrible acting, terrible fighting, terrible editing. Exactly the same thing you could say about Dolemite, but that had heart, someone cared enough to put some effort into it. This is just a crock of shit that no one involved gave two shits about. For starters, it's called Black Samurai and has a protagonist continually referred to as THE Black Samurai, so the very least you should expect is some effort at samurai action. Jim Kelly is black, but he does no fucking samurai shit whatsoever, beyond waving a sword in some training routine. Terrible dubbing, terrible dialogue. At one stage someone says "Chump. You're a chump" Fighting was shite. Jim Kelly has done some decent fighting in films before, but not in this. Seriously, if Craig R Baxley could get a decent fight out of Craig T motherfucking Nelson in Action Jackson, the fuckwits who made this shit and had Jim Kelly to work with should have at least some up with something vaguely approaching passable. They manage to make a film where Jim Kelly fights midgets, a vulture, and some dudes dressed as zulu warriors not even enjoyable on the level of being a ridiculous piece of trashy shite. Although the bit where Jim Kelly punched two dudes in the testicles at the same time was ok. I suspect this may be the worst piece of shit I have ever had the misfortune to witness, although Killer X comes close.

126731.jpg

I suppose this is a serial more than a film. It's great so far, I'm on episode two. Just been reading a book about the Lockout so it was great timing.
where did you get that? torrent?
i read strumpet city as a kid cos i'd looked up strumpet in the dictionary and was expecting there to be dirty bits in it. disappointing

51V7AYB3KHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A 26 year old actress plays a 15 year old girl who pops acid at her first party - soon shes on uppers/downers/sidewaysers etc all the time recording her teenage whining in her diary...Bill Shatner with tash and glasses says he'll play her dad if he gets top billing despite less than 10m ins of screem time..Andy Griffith plays a priest and and Robert Carradine appears as a teenage acid head..

This is based on the real life diaries of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose back in the 60's (by based I mean totally made up) and was at one stage required reading for every 12 year old...
ha
i've read that book about 7 times, i think it's great
film was pure cack though

maybe i was a bit hasty there, i'm watching it again now...good 60s screen-fodder sure enough

can't say i actually noticed shatner first time i saw it

Even this?

beetlejuice.jpg

and 30 Rock isnt bad either

I think you're being unfair on him, selfish little pigs as it were

Sin_Nombre.jpg

Was pretty decent.defo worth a gander.6½/10

the_omen_2006.jpg

This was on telly.i thought it was shite when it came out but I enjoyed it last night.Go figure. 5/10

yeah I hated that remake too at first - I got it as part of the Omen box-set and its not as bad on a repeat viewing

In saying that, the mother is completely miscast and the kid is too cartoony to take seriously

Been on a rewatching buzz.

The outsiders - Been way too long since I've seen this. Super.
Cache - Still great.
King of Kong - Go Steve Wiebe!

New Stuff

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Unreservedley loved this. Perfect characters, script, direction and voice work. Especially loved Schwartzman.
Sherlock Holmes - Ok. Downey is always good but the story felt like a jazzed up Scooby Doo episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back