What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

not bad, fairly light-hearted stuff.
manpast1.jpg

Heartbeat Detector
French 'thriller'. The blurb says a cross between Michael Clayton and Caché. It's not much like either of course.
It is very good though.

devils_backbone.jpg

bought a G del toro collection recently. thought this would be better than it was. hoping Cronos will be better.

coming off the back of a second viewing of del toro produced the orphanage my expectations were probably too high. forgt how great that was

Body Of Lies
Starts out promisingly enough but after a while it starts to seriously drag and you're praying someone will just blow something up or shoot some fucker just to put some life into it.

There's a possible ending that would have made the thing a whole lot better but it looks like they chickened out.

Hey Mitchum, you got around to seeing it.

http://thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1111787&postcount=7068

And you enjoyed it? What about that interminably muck ending? Sacre bleaugh.

Yeah, I thought it was great.
I reckon the ending was a reminder that no matter how hard you try to bury the past with the neutering effect of language, actions and guilt will still resonate.
Or some shizzle.

Really slow wasn't it? It's only two hours but it felt like four.

Yeah, I thought it was great.
I reckon the ending was a reminder that no matter how hard you try to bury the past with the neutering effect of language, actions and guilt will still resonate.
Or some shizzle.

Really slow wasn't it? It's only two hours but it felt like four.

It was painfully slow and I kept hoping it would end. It was just too highbrow for a simple man like me.

Howard's End. still great

What did you make of Carrington?

Wasn't Jonathan Pryce exquisitely good?

House of Mirth is still the best Brit 'period' flick I've ever seen though. Gillian Anderson is just unexpectedly perfect in it. Could not be better.

DerBaaderMeinhofKomplex_TeaserPoster01.jpg

Great film up to a point then it just drags on and on, definitley worth seeing especially if like me you'd no idea of the RAF at all.

The frequently nude blonde girl in it is also stunning....

DerBaaderMeinhofKomplex_TeaserPoster01.jpg

Great film up to a point then it just drags on and on, definitley worth seeing especially if like me you'd no idea of the RAF at all.

The frequently nude blonde girl in it is also stunning....

Yeah it's pretty good, but once they all go to jail it just feels like it drags on and on and on. I went to see this at like 10 a.m, and promised to meet someone at 12.30 thinking that'll be plenty of time, and had to fucking leave before the end of the film!
Bruno Ganz is amazing. You just can't help but sit there thinking "HITLER! HITLER! HITLER! HITLER!" when he's on screen! Even though he doesn't deserve it at all because he's a grand actor like!
My favourite line:

"FUCK YOUR EMANCIPATION! YOU JUST WANTED AN EXCUSE TO SHOUT AT MEN!"

Hahahahahaha amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back