What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

new-pride-and-glory-poster1.jpg

Very good film, great cast who all do really well with the sometimes cliched dialogue, Ed Norton is amazin in it.

george_w_movie_poster.jpg

Suprisingly good. Brolin is awesome as is Dreyfuss and Jeffrey Wright. Made me step back from my loathing and have an hour and a half of fairly rational thoughts about the man. Gung-ho. Slow-witted. Redneck. Ambitious. Charming. Utterly unsuited to be the leader of anything, let alone the USA.

Suprisingly good. Brolin is awesome as is Dreyfuss and Jeffrey Wright. Made me step back from my loathing and have an hour and a half of fairly rational thoughts about the man. Gung-ho. Slow-witted. Redneck. Ambitious. Charming. Utterly unsuited to be the leader of anything, let alone the USA.

I dunno, I thought there were good individual performances (Brolin especially) but it seemed like an exercise in shoehorning in some of his more ridiculous quotes into a film.

The whole oedipal thing with H.W. didn't resonate with me either.

The whole oedipal thing with H.W. didn't resonate with me either.
apparently kinda true tho, has major issue with his dad, particularly trying to impress/emulate him. he's an otherwise tragi-comic figure. you know, apart from being the leader of the free world and responsible for thousands of deaths.

I agree. Wasn't Thandie Newton just unbelievably bad in it, though?

I agree. Wasn't Thandie Newton just unbelievably bad in it, though?

Funnily enough, when i first saw her and heard her i couldn't even look at the screen with the mortification, but the more it went on i did start to enjoy her performance. It's got to be said, she did end up looking at lot like her at least! that walk and those teeth!

wouldn't want to be easily offended or too politically correct, understandable how it was banned in so many countries, enjoyable overall...'nice' ending..

Martin Luther Coon........

Nice to see Sanderson get some in DeadWood.

Funnily enough, when i first saw her and heard her i couldn't even look at the screen with the mortification, but the more it went on i did start to enjoy her performance. It's got to be said, she did end up looking at lot like her at least! that walk and those teeth!

I thought it was like watching a really bad Saturday Night Live impression of Condeleeza..Enjoyed the film overall..

I watched that on DVD last week and forgot how good it is although it looks really dated, it's still funny as hell.

I wonder was his phone message the genesis of 'the office' style cringe comedy???

i watched the first 45 minutes of the brave one.
had to turn it off, rubbish.
lessons learned from this movie....
lead character smoking cigarettes = badass

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back