What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

X-files-thumb.gif

Really really clumsy and badly written.
No tension
No Suspense
No chemistry
Like a bad episode of the TV series stretched to 2 hours.

This is set a few years after the last film, after they got married and lost a kid. WTF!!! After years of watching them dance around each other we are cheated out of the courtship. A terrible terrible idea.

I know!!! I saw that last night, what a fucking joke of a film. It was like someone who had been told what the X Files was about but never ever seen an episode in their life wrote it. It was shocking. Like everything the X Files never was and never should be.

The dialogue was awful, so forced and clunky. When Scully attacked the priest - she would NOT have done that in the series at all! And when she started shouting at Mulder 'you're just trying to find your sister!" or whatever she shouted at him about her, it came out of nowhere, made no sense and was obviously thrown in to 'keep the geeks happy'.
Amanda Peet was atrociously bad. When the priest was having the visions at the dead FBI agent's house, just before he started crying blood, adn she was shouting at him 'WE NEED TO FIND HER!! WHERE IS SHE!!?" WTF!?!? Absolutely awful.
Also, Mulder and Scully married?!? There was more sexual tension between them in the original series.

Total shite and an insult to X files fans. :mad:

saw Iron Man on the way to Singapore.

It's no Dark Knight, but pretty good all the same.

also saw half of The Bank Job. Looks ok.

the big lebowski, just watched this again and still love love love it.
the yiddish policemens union should be great but havent heared anything much about it.

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 - Holy shit this was awful. Entertaining enough though, some of the zombies were pretty hip. The actor who played the head scientist dude was hilariously bad, try and count the amount of times he points his finger and shouts at the military guy throughout this movie.

Pink Flamingos - Great movie. Totally lived up to all the crap I'd read about it. Great soundtrack too. Mink Stole is quite the hotty.

The Cell - This was actually pretty good. I don't really know what to say about it. It was nice to look at.

a couple of nights ago:

tropa de elite - first feature by jose padlha, who directed bus 174, which is a great documentary. downloaded out of mad curiosity. seemed like an early edit or something; it seemed a bit incoherent. subtitles were all over the fucking place. it was... ok. I think it's a dramatisation of some book a police psychologist wrote or something. basically, it's about the police special forces and the rio de janeiro favelas. probably worth a watch when it actually comes out...

last night:

- deep rising
- universal soldier

coincidentally, the costume design in both movies was by some guy called joseph porro. amazing.

This may be the most liberal use of the word 'amazing' I have ever seen.
haha. true!

universal soldier is a pretty much an apocalypse of unredeemable acting and unshackled homoeroticism, but deep rising stars famke janssen and is therefore brilliant.

I'm on a major b-movie/80's action flick/general shitfeast buzz at the moment. so far I've watched or rewatched maniac cop 1 & 2, timecop, frankenhooker, brain damage, rambo 3 & 4 and loads of other amazing rubbish. and there are no signs of it stopping. might watch the running man tonight, or maybe the blob. so much choice.

I was a bit unwell on Saturday so I stayed in and put on a movie to cheer myself up:
1984-09-22_big.jpg

Threads
A BBC tv movie from 84 about nuclear war and the aftermath. I'd heard so much about it I had to check it out. A bit slow for the first half but when the bomb hits......holy shit. Kept me up all night thinking about it and I spent ages reading these survivor accounts from Hiroshima:
http://www.inicom.com/hibakusha/
Which would just make you sick to your stomach really.

Watch the movie though. It's very good. Uncompromising, moving, and very interesting. It's all here:
[video=google;-2023790698427111488]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023790698427111488[/video]

Actually did anyone see this when it was aired? I'd say you got the shite scared outta ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back