What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Very productive day today...
family-guy_blue-harvest.jpg

Followed by
black-sheep.jpg

plus...
Anchorman.jpg

and topped off with
the-dark-knight1.jpg

the wizard
loved it!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ahh the wizard rocks..

I watched dazed and confused for the gazillionth time..So entertaining for a film where nothing actually happens..

big_kahuna_ver1.jpg

Good good movie,

You would forget about Danny Devito cause of twins, romancing the stone etc but fuck hes good in this

my DVD collection

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw Man On Wire in the new Lighthouse in Smithfield.. very engrossing film, and well put together. If anything I thought they should've let the tightrope walker do less talking to the camera, because although he was obviously a flamboyant storyteller, the more he talked about it the more it felt like an old con-man bigging up his myth and less like something that actually happened. Definately worth seeing though. Impressed with the Lighthouse too, nice large theatre\screen for an arthouse place and some swanky spaces on the way in.

tonight I watched The Conversation. Good stuff.

What a movie! Great performance from Hackman. Possibly Coppola's best movie.

Great film! Hackman is absolutely fantastic in that. what a character.

not so sure about this development:

Francis Ford Coppola's 1974 film The Conversation not only has the distinction of having been nominated for three Oscars (including Best Picture), but it also looks like it will also have another footnote: It's being turned into a television show.

AMC and producer Tony Krantz are developing a small-screen adaptation of the highly regarded film, as reported by Variety. Following the plot of the film, the show would be set in the 1970s and center on surveillance expert Harry Caul, who was played by Gene Hackman.

Krantz has been pushing for the show to be made for a decade, but has only now found a good fit and partner in AMC, which is quickly rising in the ranks of cable networks for well-produced original programming. Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects) and Erik Jendresen (Band of Brothers) are attached to write the screenplay.

"It gives us an opportunity to look back at the 1970s through the filter of 2009," Krantz told Variety. "The issues of privacy and individuality, and issues of spying and listening, are as relevant now as they've ever been. This is the perfect vehicle to tell those stories."

Krantz's previous credits include 24, Felicity, and Sports Night.

Saw Man On Wire in the new Lighthouse in Smithfield.. very engrossing film, and well put together. If anything I thought they should've let the tightrope walker do less talking to the camera, because although he was obviously a flamboyant storyteller, the more he talked about it the more it felt like an old con-man bigging up his myth and less like something that actually happened. Definately worth seeing though. Impressed with the Lighthouse too, nice large theatrescreen for an arthouse place and some swanky spaces on the way in.

They do that.

Ditto though; the reconstructions were very well done, and it's a nicely put -together film.

Still though. Shame the french are in it.

They do that.

Ditto though; the reconstructions were very well done, and it's a nicely put -together film.

Still though. Shame the french are in it.
gonna see this next week. is it true theres no video footage of the twin towers walk?

my mates father was responsible for the lighthouse architecture.
its very very nice and airy inside..

Pinapple express - bit of a waste of time. Pacing of the second act is dire, directing is pretty bad, dude playing main badguy doesn't seem to know who/what his character is, ditto rosie perez, stoner humour isn't all that funny... Avoidable.

Dark Knight - possibly the best fillum ever.

3:10 to Yuma

Liked it a lot thought it seemed to be teetering over the mood it was trying to convey- old fashioned western or grim and gritty modern western

Still- enjoyable. And the baddie who seemed to have "a thing" for his boss was really good

310ToYuma-BF-med.jpg

must check out the original

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back