What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Recently:

Freaks - Very good. The climactic scene was pretty damn creepy. It's a shame that only the truncated hour long version still exists.

Nightbreed - Meh. The effects & make-up were decent but overall this was pretty boring.

Darkman - Fun as hell. Sam Raimi has to be one of the most consistenly entertaining action movie makers.

Tapeheads - Pretty average. The story was all over the place, almost to the point of incomprehensibility. Wins points for prominently featuring a band called The Swanky Modes. I think John Cusack hit the peak of his career with 'Better Off Dead'.

I saw the happening last night

diana_happening.jpg

I understand why everyone thinks it's shit but I find it fascinating.

It's like everyones motivation for every scene was 'you a very strange person who reacts in really weird ways to everything'

Cloverfield. Not terrible, not particularly great either. It's an interesting set up & the first 45 minutes sustain a nice level of panicky tension. NYC looks great on camcorder at night. The scenes in the tunnel and the helicopter are pretty cool.

On the downside: the human characters are a bunch of wankers. I wanted them all to die horribly, although I guess that's kind of the point. The monster's a bit of a twat as well to be honest. The whole thing runs out of steam about an hour in and they kill off the hottest chick too early.

Angel Exit. Grim Czech movie about drug-users in Prague-based on the novel of the same name by Jachym Topol (sort of a Czech Bukowski).

Bleak.

Cloverfield. Not terrible, not particularly great either. It's an interesting set up & the first 45 minutes sustain a nice level of panicky tension. NYC looks great on camcorder at night. The scenes in the tunnel and the helicopter are pretty cool.

i enjoyed cloverfield, thought it was very well made and was for the most part pretty gripping. i agree the characters were a bunch of negligible tossers, but overall it delivers the goods in 80 lean minutes.

"untraceable" actually a reasonably enjoyable piece of serial killer hokum, quite an original premise and some genuinely grisly deaths. also watched "in the valley of elah", thought it was great and Tommy Lee Jones was incredible. Not quite the heavy handed anti war in iraq message i thought it would be.

'the bothersome man', Groundhog Day by way of Kafka. But not as good as that sounds.

'Dusk in the Lights', pretty decent, Guinness black tale. Unbelievably Bressonian in it's editing with a beautiful, ambiguous final scene.

i enjoyed cloverfield, thought it was very well made and was for the most part pretty gripping. i agree the characters were a bunch of negligible tossers, but overall it delivers the goods in 80 lean minutes.

i thought it was the best shit movie I have seen in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back