What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

I watched Unbreakable again last night and it's quality. In fairness he's a good director and uses the camera well but he seems to have disappeared up his own arse after Unbreakable when he started putting his name infront of all his flicks, appearing in all of them, making out that he's the new Hitchcock etc etc. I'd like to see him direct someone elses script and let someone else edit the film then it could be good.

Ah, Unbreakable. That's my evening sorted post footy. Love it. The music is incredible too.

the-orphanage-poster-800.jpg

had its moments but not enough of them.

stranger_than_fiction.jpg

i liked this but it was lacking something, call it heart.
i loved the little moving graphic representations of what he was counting in his mind during the movie, reminded me of i heart huckabees.
queen latifah had the whole david byrne in stop making sense
thing going on with her suits in the movie.

Darjeeling Ltd - loved this, absolutely ace. What up with wes anderson and yellow? The three mains were deadly, especially schwartzman. Dunno how people would have followed the end without the Hotel Chevalier short at the beginning, plus it has natalie portman in the altogether. Sweet.

Idiocracy - bit asinine at times but overall i liked it.

Eastern Promises - had a lot of potential but cassel's acting fucked it up for me. Fight scene was awesome though.

watched

In Bruge last night.
'entertaining' to a certain extent but hardly any decent. i wasnt really expecting it to be anyway. i just have a soft spot for brendan gleeson.

Hallam Foe the night before....... that took along time to go nowhere didnt it? the main dude, he just became annoying after a while. soundtrack wasnt too shabby though.

just watched This Is England...... it was deadly. really great.
want happy with the ending but i rarely am with films im enjoying so much. great performances. everything kicked ass in it. .|..|

stranger_than_fiction.jpg

i liked this but it was lacking something, call it heart.
i loved the little moving graphic representations of what he was counting in his mind during the movie, reminded me of i heart huckabees.
queen latifah had the whole david byrne in stop making sense
thing going on with her suits in the movie.

Also, the book that Emma Thompsons character is writing sounds rubbish and not worth what Ferrells character is prepared to do for it.

The spitting into the tissue thing in Stranger Than Fiction drives me bonkers and always distracts me from the film..That said I still think it's deadly.

ten.sized.jpg

Weird weird movie. A serious of sketches based around guess - the ten commandments, intercut with a recurring monologue piece by the slightly irritating Paul Rudd. Took a while to get into but was pretty funny overall, even though some of the ideas wore thin. It's all a bit smarmy in a SNL kind of way, but If you like Mr.Show/Kids In The Hall style humour, you'll probably enjoy this.

7.5/10

gone baby gone. first 3/4s are deadly. great acting (apart from morgan freeman), good dialogue, tension cranked way up. last half hour isn't great. turns into a bog standard cop thriller. ending is complete shit. a generous 7 ourra 10.

ten.sized.jpg

Weird weird movie. A serious of sketches based around guess - the ten commandments, intercut with a recurring monologue piece by the slightly irritating Paul Rudd. Took a while to get into but was pretty funny overall, even though some of the ideas wore thin. It's all a bit smarmy in a SNL kind of way, but If you like Mr.Show/Kids In The Hall style humour, you'll probably enjoy this.

7.5/10
Seen that last feb on some free movie channel somewhere, only caught the first half or so, but i liked it, and i usually hate Paul Rudd.

that new Hulk Movie

garbage but still better than the first one

the fight at the end was just the fight at the end of transformers but with the Hulk

Derailed on RTE 1. Rubbish. Never happen in real life. When Vincent Cassell turned up at Clive Owen's gaff in a suit I thought it had turned into a comedy. I wanted all the characters to die horribly about 18 minutes in.

watched

In Bruge last night.
'entertaining' to a certain extent but hardly any decent. i wasnt really expecting it to be anyway. i just have a soft spot for brendan gleeson.

Saw it in the cinema and watched it the other night again. I really liked it. I like Colin Farrell a lot, I think he's a very good actor. The bit where the midget wont salute him and he says "little fucking cunt" had me in stitches.

Also hitting midgets is the funnient thing ever. If I ever become a dictator I gont to make it a law that a midget must get a punch or karate chop in every movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back