What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

I watched A Most Wanted Man over the Paddy's weekend - excellent old school paranoid cold war thriller.
And The Stepford Wives (1975) which was great, dated but still great.
I only copped watching it that Katherine Ross was in Donnie Darko! duh.
Also, watched Jennifer's Body for the first time. Surprisingly good.

passenger 57. Pretty Ridiculous, generic, yet fun early 90's action.
Beyond the gates. Clearly a homage to 80's/early 90's horrors, it wasn't all that interesting, sadly.

There’s a depth to the characters you don’t get in any of his other films, as brilliant as they are. One of De Niro’s best roles too.

Something to do with it not being his original material?

Fun fact, Michael Keaton plays the same character in this as he does in Out Of Sight.

I also love the shit out of this film by the way.

Free Fire. Boring, pointless, noisy and a waste of a good cast. I'm beginning to think Ben Wheatley is not all he's cracked up to be.
I haven't seen this or High Rise but I think he's hit or miss. I thought Sightseers could have been any mediocre black comedy. Kill List is amazing, I think he really nailed it. A Field in England is good but not consistent, there are long periods in it that don't add much to the film at all but they are balanced by the segments that are fantastic (literally in the case of the mushrooms trip).

Have High Rise recorded so I'll see how I get on with that.

I think he's more miss than hit. A Field in England is the only one I really have any time for. I don't get the love for Kill List. For me its two parts don't work together successfully at all. It's like he thought "it'd be cool if I bolted some half baked wicker man shit onto a boring thriller". I like his continued employment of Michael Smiley though. Great actor.

I've gone right off that Tom Hiddleston fella. Passed on High Rise because of that.

But I am a Kill List fan. Agree it wasn't 100% there, but it was close enough.

I thought High Rise was good. Obviously not a patch on the book but an admirable effort not to mention a tough one to pull off.

I think we have to be glad people like Wheatley can still get the attention they receive. But yeah for all the plaudits he's not really delivered a properly great movie yet.

Free Fire. Boring, pointless, noisy and a waste of a good cast. I'm beginning to think Ben Wheatley is not all he's cracked up to be.
It's strange coz reviewers seem to be all over it, so whats up with that? I am looking forward to seeing it as I like Wheatley's films generally, but I agree he hasn't yet delivered, despite the esteem he appears to be held in. High Rise was disappointing.
Haven't seen A Field..., and i found Kill List a bit baffling.
I have Down Terrace recorded and have yet to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back