What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Jimmy Magee said:
Why so? I though twas marvellous altogether...although watching it in Berlin probably added to the effect..."Potsdamer Platz ist gefallen!"..."hang on, that's where I am right now!"

i dunno, maybe i'm all nazi'd out. the whole thing seemed like a really massive cliche.

I fuckin love Signs. brilliant characters, dialogue etc. There is a couple of moments I don't like - eg. the kids in Brazil casually translating what they were saying for the American audience. or any scene where M. Night Shyamalan is acting in it. (seriously, stay out of your films dude - you're no Marlon Brando!).

but yeah, fucking love it. also love UnBreakable.

on the Ridley Scott note - Gladiator is fucking amazing, but Kingdom of Heaven looks like it might be horrendously shite.

avernus said:
on the Ridley Scott note - Gladiator is fucking amazing, but Kingdom of Heaven looks like it might be horrendously shite.

Yeah I thought that too. Pleasantly surprised though, sure it is no Gladiator, but it does have it's moments, and Orlando Bloom actually somehow manages to not be annoying for the most part, an incredible acting feat on his part.

watched The Last Castle on BBC tonight. Was OK, even if it did get a bit A-Team / MacGyver there at the end.

Cormcolash said:
Yeah I thought that too. Pleasantly surprised though, sure it is no Gladiator, but it does have it's moments, and Orlando Bloom actually somehow manages to not be annoying for the most part, an incredible acting feat on his part.

hmmm ok, maybe I'll go see it then.

oh shit said:
Lost in La Mancha. Poor Terry Gilliam! worst luck eva haha. my parents met him one time.

hehe yeha...its good alright, poor Gilliam indeed. he's pretty nuts though.

48Hours. I wish they'd made 30 of these movies. theyre fucking deadly! funniest shit ever!! I swear the shit Nolte says to Eddie Murphy is fucking hilariously racist and their scraps are too funny! gotta love the Commando music too. deadly.

watched lost in la mancha as well. its depressing that even someone like Gilliam, after making the likes of Brazil (one of my fave movies ever), had to deal with so much industry bullshit.

you had to laugh at yer man with the dodgy prostate riding the horse though.

avernus said:
48Hours. I wish they'd made 30 of these movies. theyre fucking deadly! funniest shit ever!! I swear the shit Nolte says to Eddie Murphy is fucking hilariously racist and their scraps are too funny! gotta love the Commando music too. deadly.

Fuckin right, I love 48hrs, also Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run, all those kinds of films are fuckin class! I always loved the fact that they just used the music from Commando too, genius!

Watched Requiem For A Dream while falling asleep last night. Terrible idea - loads of terrible horrible dreams. Great film and all, but really fucks with you. Jenny C's gee though - rappeh!!

Here, what's some good Selby Jr books?

the demon is my fave selby book. they're all amazing really... i reckon The Room and Waiting Period are probably his weakest, but they're still great.

avernus said:
hmmm ok, maybe I'll go see it then.
Seriously, I wouldn't advise it.

It is unitentionally hilarious though, if you like films like that then sure, spend your hard-earned and waste 3 hours. The dialogue is appalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back