What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Just watched The Tribe. Ukrainian film about a teenage boy who gets involved with a violent gang at a boarding school for deaf kids. It's brilliant, if harrowing viewing. There's no dialogue, everything is conducted in sign language and there's no accompanying subtitles. There's some really shocking scenes which will stay with me for a while. One of the best I've seen this year.
The-Tribe_poster_goldposter_com_7.jpg

The Hateful 8

Not great..but worth a watch.

Couple of good laughs to be had

Just watched The Tribe. Ukrainian film about a teenage boy who gets involved with a violent gang at a boarding school for deaf kids. It's brilliant, if harrowing viewing. There's no dialogue, everything is conducted in sign language and there's no accompanying subtitles. There's some really shocking scenes which will stay with me for a while. One of the best I've seen this year.
The-Tribe_poster_goldposter_com_7.jpg

Yeah it was good alright, even though you've no idea of the specifics, you still get the idea of what they are on about and stuff

I watched an Irish thriller called Pursuit which is supposed to be a contemporary retelling of the legend of Diarmuid and Grainne. Or something. It was more like an Irish remake of True Romance 25 years too late. It was grand I suppose. Tense in parts and the action scenes were well handled. Good cast too, but the script was a masterclass in cringe-worthy tough guy dialogue and mystical mumbo jumbo. I think the director could have a good career doing medium budget thrillers/action flicks if he directs some better scripts.
Pursuit (2015) - IMDb

Home Alone 2. I've never seen any of them. Pretty violent.

Stuff like the "I don't care if they give me the chair, I'm going to kill that kid!" line - you don't get much of that sort of thing in kids movies these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back