What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Prometheus
Utter, nonsensical garbage. It looked pretty in places but made little sense. Just terrible.

Serenity
No wonder Firefly got cancelled. What a pack of shite. The dialogue is the worst thing about it.

The Thin Red Line.

I loved this when I was a teenager. Struggled through it today, either I wasn't in the mood or it is a pile of guff. adrien brody seems to be in the background of every scene looking worried.

The overacting really put me in a bad mood.

Cop Car – Kevin Bacon plays a crooked small town sheriff chasing down a couple of kids who nick his car. Very good set up, Bacon is in his element and the whole thing feels very Coen Brothers. I liked it a lot.
Cop_Car_poster.jpg

Southpaw – Relentlessly miserable boxing drama which is basically just a collection of every sports movie cliché in the book. Credit to Gyllenhaal – even in lazy garbage like this he is riveting to watch.
southpaw.jpg

Black Mass

3rd week in and it was still packed

Watched it in one of these seats, which seemed like the stupidest fucking thing in the world to me. But I loved it.

o.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry, actually, The Ninth gate and Sleepy Hollow both came after DB and I like both of them.
What about Once Upon A Time In Mexico? He's gas in that.
Or Fear & Loathing.

It's hard for me to be objective about this movie. It was shot in my neighbourhood, I remember some of the events, people I know are in it. It was very enjoyable though. Despite Joel Edgerton's ongoing persistence in being cinematic tofu.
Spotlight is coming and it will do a much better job of representing Boston's clannishness.

I remember going to see Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street with my ex and not knowing it was a musical. I hate musicals so much. And before it, because it was America, there was this music video by some shit new metal band that was sponsored by the US Army. It was a recruitment shit metal video. Nightmare.

Or Fear & Loathing.

It's hard for me to be objective about this movie. It was shot in my neighbourhood, I remember some of the events, people I know are in it. It was very enjoyable though. Despite Joel Edgerton's ongoing persistence in being cinematic tofu.
Spotlight is coming and it will do a much better job of representing Boston's clannishness.

Penny has just dropped, this is the film about Whitey Bulger?

Or Fear & Loathing.

Fear & Loathing, yeah. Once Upon A Time in Mexico did nothing for me when it came out, around the time I was big into violent action films, so I can’t imagine it doing much for me now.

Might catch Macbeth this week. Heard a good story about Fassbender over the weekend. A friend of a friend is in the same social circle as him and he arrived to the pub telling his mates he’d just been at an audition “as a robot in some fuckin’ alien shite”. Turned out to be Prometheus. Don’t believe Fassbender would have been unaware of the whole Ridley Scott/Alien connection and had that attitude at that stage in his career but it’s still a funny story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back