What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

I couldn't really remember the ending - I think I've blocked it out. Killer Joe is probably the most unpleasant movie I have ever seen...

Gah! Watching Killer Joe and there is only 3 minutes left and the DVD is stuck. It won't play even after taking it out and cleaning. Last three minutes! It jumps to the credits and plays all scenes before but those three minutes... nada. What the hell happens? Someone PM me.

Life As We Know It. As those films go it was alright.

"Sweetie you have shit on your face" belongs in every baby movie.

Gone Baby Gone. Superb. Gripping, full of great performances and moving without resorting to sentimentalism. The score is great. Titus Welliver steals the movie with his great performance and equally great facial hair. Really looking forward to Argo now.

007GBG_Titus_Welliver_005.jpg

Just back from The Master. I loved it. Beautifully filmed and thoroughly engrossing. Its two hour running time just flew by. Joaquin Phoenix gives a truly remarkable performance. He's fascinating to watch. 9/10

Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes, and passing them used lots of skills

nightofdemon14.jpg

I love this movie. The hokum, the characters, the score, the cinematography, the big rubbery fire demon. ..just class

100 Mornings: Post Apocalypse, well an Irish sort of Apocalypse, probably Four Donkeymen. Two couples living in a cabin at the side of a lake. Two months after the happening, but we're not told what it was. Lesson 1: don't keep all your supplies in a shiny galvanised shed. Lesson 2: after having half of your supplies expropriated by the now lawless gardaí, at least have the cop on to hide the rest so that the local yokels don't make off with it.

A dark film, but well worth watching. dark film, but well worth watching.

100-Mornings-[DVD].jpg

100 Mornings: Post Apocalypse, well an Irish sort of Apocalypse, probably Four Donkeymen. Two couples living in a cabin at the side of a lake. Two months after the happening, but we're not told what it was. Lesson 1: don't keep all your supplies in a shiny galvanised shed. Lesson 2: after having half of your supplies expropriated by the now lawless gardaí, at least have the cop on to hide the rest so that the local yokels don't make off with it.

A dark film, but well worth watching. dark film, but well worth watching.

100-Mornings-[DVD].jpg

Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes, and passing them used lots of skills

I love this movie. The hokum, the characters, the score, the cinematography, the big rubbery fire demon. ..just class

Agreed - love this film. I have another TV adaptation somewhere but it isn't nearly as good.

The Wicker Tree. Disappointing. Attempts at humour/quirkiness didn't work. Christopher Lee was on screen for 90 seconds. Wonder how much he go paid.

3cedb02976438eabed5c4773f3a17cb0.jpg

the wicker tree was laughably bad

saw Rust and Bone the night before last, marion cotillard was brilliant.
definitely one to go and see
it's french...it's about relationships and fate (or something)...there is also bareknuckle fighting, and the odd glimpse of tits...something for everyone

rust-and-bone-new-quad.jpg

Oh, I saw Lincoln the other night.

Daniel Day Lewis is very good in it. As in you think you are looking at Abraham fucking Lincoln.

Alo good in it - Sally Field, James Spader, the dude from Justified, the dude from Boardwalk Empire, the dude from Deadwood, the dude from Girls. In short when you're not looking at what is clearly a time-travelling US President, you are saying "Oh, there's that guy."

Thank God for white people saving black people from the evils of, erm, other white people. We're so noble (except the evil ones).

Just back from The Master. I loved it. Beautifully filmed and thoroughly engrossing. Its two hour running time just flew by. Joaquin Phoenix gives a truly remarkable performance. He's fascinating to watch. 9/10

i'd like to see that except i don't know if i can deal with philip seymour hoffman any more, i've just hit a wall with him. does he play a tragic kind of gross dude again?

i'd like to see that except i don't know if i can deal with philip seymour hoffman any more, i've just hit a wall with him. does he play a tragic kind of gross dude again?

he does sort of i guess. they're the best kind of dudes.

it's worth to see jaoquin phoenix. he looks like he's had a stroke in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back