What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

936full-the-inbetweeners-movie-screenshot.jpg

Terrible. i liked the TV show but even 4 cans of Druids didn't help.

936full-the-inbetweeners-movie-screenshot.jpg

Terrible. i liked the TV show but even 4 cans of Druids didn't help.

Matt Cooper referred to it as being "piss poor" on the radio earlier. Shocked Face emoticon!
They went on to talk about childhood games being made into movies (Battleships, apparently). One of the lads said "what next, Buckaroo -the Revenge?", which was quite amusing.

30890.jpg

No tigers or cages to be seen, but it does have Donnie Yen and loads of fighting, stunts and dodgy Chinese humour like Donnie Yen trying to piss while handcuffed to Rosamund Kwan. Not really related to the first Tiger Cage except for being directed by Yuen Woo Ping and Donnie Yen being in it.

dobermanndvd.png

Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci as bank robbers. This is great. No actual dobermann in this, but there is a pitbull pup.

Conan the Borebarian (which would be the remake of the Milius / Schwarzenegger classic film about a barbarian by the name of Conan which they unfortunately decided to make instead of giving Milius the money to make King Conan). There are many many things wrong with this film. I did like it until Ron Perlman died, but that was about five minutes in. Here are some of the wrong things.

The blue screening is terrible (I don't have any objection to blue screens in principle, but they shouldn't be that fucking obvious.)
Morgan Freeman, you can narrate films about penguins or films about barbarians. Not both.
Rose McGowan is incapable of playing evil convincingly, and sounds like she's having a nice friendly chat even when she's delivering supposedly menacing dialogue. In the 80s they'd have just gotten Meg Foster on the case. You knew she was evil just looking at her.
The editing is appalling. No cohesive flow from shot to shot at all, or from scene to scene.
It's just not very good at all. Given a reasonable script and director , Momoa probably would have been a decent enough Conan, but this didn't have either.

On the plus side, they did have a trailer for Drive before it, which I think is out the same day as Killer Elite (23rd Sept).

Tiger Cage 2 is such a great film - I think it was mandatory for every HK from back then to have a piss or Aids joke. (except the Cat III ones which had to have a piss/aids and rape joke).

dobermanndvd.png

Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci as bank robbers. This is great. No actual dobermann in this, but there is a pitbull pup.

I like the sound of this! Last night I watched Hallam Foe which is fairly two dimensional but decent and The Last Boy Scout which is simply astounding.

knuckle200.jpg

Excellent doc that follows the bareknuckle career of James McDonagh Quinn and his brother. 10 years in the making - it great seeing the behind the scenes as I've always been interested in the fights. Big Joe Joyce is such a character.

enjoyed it too. it really seems like a pretty civilized sport the way its portrayed there.

big_gundown_bkgrnd.jpg

Lee Van Cleef hunting down Tomas Milian. This is one of the good Lee Van Cleef films, not one of the ones where it's only watchable because he' s in it.

Also this is pretty close to Morricone's peak. This kind of thing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

11jun_AD-singham121.jpg

Pretty much does exactly what it said in the trailer. Singham punches people so they flip over a few times and shoots cars so they flip over. He does a lot of walking in slow motion looking like a bad motherfucker. The bad guy in this is great too. Asks for ransom money ever before doing a kidnapping.

Conan the Barbarian - What Ratmonkey said.

Ron Perlman is the only good thing about this entire film, and he's dead in like 10 minutes.
Everything else in this is total fucking shit. Not even in a funny bad way or anything - just incredibly boring Hollywood unoriginal recycled guff. I felt like I'd seen this film about 60 times already. Predictable cliched nonsense. One of the most boring films I've seen all year.

Long Live Schwarzenegger.

The Baader Meinhof Complex.

It was interesting. They stuck fairly accurately to all the major events, which made it pretty damn long. It also didn't capture at all how much of a psychopath Andreas Baader was, I thought. He just came across as a boor. But the Meinhof character was very well done.

Ju-on. The very first, made for TV one. It's crap! not scary at all. the scares are laughable. i'm disappointed because i'd heard that it was the scariest of all the J-Horror stuff. does the series get better as it goes along?

The Baader Meinhof Complex.

It was interesting. They stuck fairly accurately to all the major events, which made it pretty damn long. It also didn't capture at all how much of a psychopath Andreas Baader was, I thought. He just came across as a boor. But the Meinhof character was very well done.

Yeah they definitely should have made him way more mental, great film though

enjoyable comedy horror. a bunch of college kids go camping in the woods. along the way they meet a pair of well meaning, likeable hillbillies. the college kids automatically assume the hillbillies are deranged killers and begin offing themselves in a series of gory accidents as they try to escape from the hillbillies' cabin.
tuckerevilposter103009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back