What movie did you watch last night? (50 Viewers)

mandingo.jpg

AmericanMe.jpg

anvil1.jpg

Thursday

Up325.jpg

Excellent, hillarious and genuinely touching

Friday

il-divo-uk-poster.jpg

Begins as a kind of hybrid gangster/ conspiracy/ thriller/ history lesson but becomes a nuanced complex charachter study and improves greatly as the central charachter is a truly fascinating enigma. Recomended but maybe not to anyone expecting a thriller.

Late friday

no-country-for-old-men.jpg

Hadn't seen it in a while it is an excellent film, Fargo is better though, Tommy Lee Jones is amazing. Having read The Road by Cormac McCarthy Looking forward to

A. reading no country for old men
B. Seeing John Hillcots version of the road.

Bad%20Ronald.JPG

Superb.A schlock fest of the highest order.7/10

moon_movie.jpg

Enjoyable,7/10.hard to follow a bit but ultimately grand.

I watched The Conversation the other night. It's great isn't it? I'd never heard of it before I went to see that film of Zizek's where he talks about the toilet scene and a couple of others as illustrations of his argument. Actually that Zizek one is interesting, too, The Pervert's Guide To Cinema, I think it was called.

I watched Dan in Real Life and I loved it. Damn you Steve Carrell, I love you too much. It's lovely, but it really depresses you along the way.

Dan_in_Real_Life_3.jpg

The_Wrestler_poster.jpg

Fair good flick that apparently reduced Rowdy Roddy Piper to tears....

Mickey Rourke is in almost every scene in the film and is amazing in it, there's also a quality Bruce song at the end, it made me want to rewatch Beyond The Mat as well.

The_Wrestler_poster.jpg

Fair good flick that apparently reduced Rowdy Roddy Piper to tears....

Mickey Rourke is in almost every scene in the film and is amazing in it, there's also a quality Bruce song at the end, it made me want to rewatch Beyond The Mat as well.
i finally got around to watching this meself. mickey is incredble in it, i can't believe sean penn won the oscar for what is essentially a caricature. if it weren't for mickey, it would be awful fucking sludge, cos aronofsky just doesn't do people very well. i reckon cos he thinks he's better than them. mick had to rewrite scenes for him cos again aronofsky , well, can't. god he's a twat. he should buy mickey an oscar for making this film watchable.

but seriously, what a performance. i bet he had actual staples in him.

Sunshine_cleaning.jpg

I thought it was good, it wasn't a HUUUUUGE film that tries to change your life forever and I liked it. Plus Emily Blunt must be the most beautiful person ever

brilliant. one of my favourite cronnenberg's. viggo mortenson is outstanding. loads of this was shot around where i live. i get my hair cut in the barbers from the opening scene where the guy's throat is slit. he does a good job too (cutting hair that is not cutting throats)
eastern-promises-poster1.jpg

Michael Caine is a pretty badass old guy and it's overall a great flick but some of the scenes especially the one where he's buying a gun off Ian Curtis are ridiculously over the top.

Harry_Brown_poster.jpg

Emily Mortimer also seemed to be on the verge of tears in every scene she was in?!?!?!

i bet he had actual staples in him.

He did. The guy who went up against is a genuine deathmatch wrestler called the Necro Butcher who does shit like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKqy_ouyz8"]YouTube- Necro Butcher Vs. JC bailey Lighttube coffen Match MV[/ame]

Though he's stopped it since he did around the time he did The Wrestler and is almost a proper wrestler. Supposedly the nicest guy ever in real life too.

I watched Coco Avant Chanel and really loved it. But then if theres two things I love its Coco Chanel and Audrey Tautou so its not surprising.

coco_avant_chanel.jpg

i finally got around to watching this meself. mickey is incredble in it, i can't believe sean penn won the oscar for what is essentially a caricature. if it weren't for mickey, it would be awful fucking sludge, cos aronofsky just doesn't do people very well. i reckon cos he thinks he's better than them. mick had to rewrite scenes for him cos again aronofsky , well, can't. god he's a twat. he should buy mickey an oscar for making this film watchable.

but seriously, what a performance. i bet he had actual staples in him.

Yeah, Mickey Rourke not getting the Oscar for that was fucking ridiculous alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back