What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

In The Loop and Anvil
Both great.

Anvil was a little hard to watch though, Both uplifting and sad, felt they left out a large chunk though, did anyone from the band actually go into any detail as to why they never hit the big time? maybe the deleted scenes explain a little more about it. i haven't watched them yet.

was it Slash that hypothesised that they were isolated from the music scene because they lived in Canada?

it seems ridiculous now but in the eighties that could well have been a large part of it. this whole segment raised so many questions for me about the world of record discemination in pre-internet age. Flawed but brilliant film making.

adventureland_poster2.jpg

Pleasant but generic coming of age 1980s thing with Jesse Eisenberg playing almost the same character he did in The Squid and The Whale (a fair bit more likeable, though). Probably not enough laughs overall but the bittersweet nostalgic atmosphere is nice.

I liked it too. I feared it might be as smug and loathsome as Juno but thankfully it isn't.

It isn't terribly funny or life changing but it's "nice"

The lead character did a good job of playing Michael Cera playing the lead character

Nerdy mate with the pipe was best

I liked it too. I feared it might be as smug and loathsome as Juno but thankfully it isn't.

It isn't terribly funny or life changing but it's "nice"

The lead character did a good job of playing Michael Cera playing the lead character

Nerdy mate with the pipe was best

Martin Starr, he's played pretty much the same character since Freaks & Geeks and it has yet to change. He's in a new-ish tv show called Party Down with Lizzy Caplan which is pretty great but no one seems to know about it..

Dear Cormcolash,

go see Gamer. It's basically a completely unneccesary crack fueled 21st century rip off of The Running Man.

Plus Keith David pops up in it for around 3 minutes.

Dear the rest of thumped,

Avoid Away We Go like the plauge. A horrible mess

away we go - it was nice, very enjoyable. annoying soundtrack. and dave eggers stuff usually irritates the bejesus out of me. but the cast in general and the 2 leads in particular made it a good movie.

away we go - it was nice, very enjoyable. annoying soundtrack. and dave eggers stuff usually irritates the bejesus out of me. but the cast in general and the 2 leads in particular made it a good movie.

I thought it was good for the first half. Quite darkly comic but it lost steam around Montreal. Had no clue of the Eggers/Mendes involvement till the credits ran.

Went to see Up the other week there. I bleedin' love pixar. And it was totally amazing. Even better'n Wall E. Yay!

district 9 weren't half bad at all, amazing cgi, and comedy fokks

the incidental nick drakey style music in away we go was appalling, but the pole dance to the VU, with the accompanying heartbreaking story (in montreal) was brilliant.
film in general was a decent laugh. catherine o'hara gets funnier and funnier

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back