What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Just finish Battle of Algiers.

Watched it years ago. It's much more disjointed than I remember. But it still clearly informs every war/rebel/action movie I've ever seen. Essential viewing I would say.

Dune - first time watching this despite being a big David Lynch fan and a massive Dune fan. I’ve always heard what a mess it was and didn’t want to inflict that on myself. However, with the new Dune on its way I thought I better watch it. It’s actually pretty good, if not great, up to a point. The first half with the intrigue between the Atreides and the Harkonnens was brilliant, really inventive and catches the spirit of the book. The second half isn’t as good - it’s not bad but it’s a bit sloppy and I can’t imagine it makes much sense if you haven’t read the book.

I rewatched twister the other night at the request of a mate.

It is what it is - had headphones on to watch it and noticed that they have growl sounds dubbed into some of the wind noise for scary points.

Also hard selling pepsi start to finish.

It's probably an ad for that truck too which is F5 hurricane proof.

but anywhoo the reason they asked me to rewatch it was they were saying, considering its a film about bloody storms and analysing them, it really is well done. I kinda agree now.

Today I saw:

Nomadland - Really great, fairly bleak

Sweat - Pretty good Polish film about this social media influencer one having a hard time being a social media influencer one, it's actually pretty cool.

Black Bear. I'm not entirely sure what I just watched, but Aubrey Plaza was deadly in it.

But yeah don't look at the trailer first.

Fear Street 1994. OK I guess. Film seemed to focus more on the visuals and music over any sense of horror. Only one gruesome kill.

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

Didn't know if this would hold up or be cancel worthy in 2021. But it was absolutely lovely stuff.

Train to Busan .. fucking deadly.
Vivarium... Fucking deadly
The crying game ... Fucking deadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back