What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

The Father. Very good. Uses shifting time/location and same actors playing multiple roles to portray the perspective of someone with dementia. Very effective. Anthony Hopkins - never been an enormous fan but he's brilliant in this.

We watched that too. It was middling I’d say. It was like one of those pasta ads with the puppets but with fish.

The Shape of Water. Amelie but with fish. Good though.

We did the Shape of Water last week. Wasn't in the mood, so it really broke my balls.

La La Land. Had never seen it before. Shite, basically. I mean it's like what 4 years later now or something and surely it would have been cancelled if they brought it out now.
I couldn't believe how bad La La Land was when I saw it. I, at the very least, expected there to be a coherent storyline but it's just a bunch of homages to old films, one after the other. Utterly vacuous, and you can just watch the old films if you want to see good singing and dancing not held together by shiny 8 billion k cameras.

Saw Nobody in the cinema.
Decent laugh but kind of lazy film (Those pesky Russians). Some nice kills but it's no The Equaliser. The bus fight scene was the best bit of it really.

Also saw The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard.
Utterly ridiculous and very amusing, it's really quite funny. Actually it's what Marvel writers wish they could do with humour, but they can't cause they're shite. Salma Hayek is class in it. Entertaining shite that's great for a laugh.

The Father. Very good. Uses shifting time/location and same actors playing multiple roles to portray the perspective of someone with dementia. Very effective. Anthony Hopkins - never been an enormous fan but he's brilliant in this.
What a sad movie. I thought it was excellent and beautiful to look at

Spider-Man:Far From Home

A load of cobblers. Surprisingly shit effects considering the budget but good energy and comedy from the young cast. The most outlandish aspect is that 16 yr old kids in 2019 would be impressed by drones.

Gaia. Eco-horror about a park ranger who takes shelter with two survivalists after she gets injured in the jungle. I really liked this. Thought it was going to be a cgi heavy creature feature but it's more of a trippy slow burn psychological/body horror thing

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back