What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

The Invisible Man. Liked it. Has the feel of a 1970s horror film - well the first half does at least. Great camera work - lots of long takes and creepy pans of silent corridors and hallways - and great use of silence on the soundtrack. The second half is a little more conventional slasher flick but I can forgive that because it’s very well done.

The Invisible Man. Liked it. Has the feel of a 1970s horror film - well the first half does at least. Great camera work - lots of long takes and creepy pans of silent corridors and hallways - and great use of silence on the soundtrack. The second half is a little more conventional slasher flick but I can forgive that because it’s very well done.

Yes BUT

After she pours the paint over him at her house, then runs out and gets an Uber over to his mansion, which is milessssss away, HOW DOES HE MANAGE TO FOLLOW HER THERE? WHAT IS HE, CLINGING ON TO THE FUCKIN ROOF OR SOMETHING???

Yes BUT

After she pours the paint over him at her house, then runs out and gets an Uber over to his mansion, which is milessssss away, HOW DOES HE MANAGE TO FOLLOW HER THERE? WHAT IS HE, CLINGING ON TO THE FUCKIN ROOF OR SOMETHING???
Yeah there were more than a few plot holes but I didn’t mind because it was well executed for a dumb premise

Plot holes aside, I liked it a lot. My favourite moment was seeing his breath in the cold air as he stood beside her.

I had another 70s night.

First up Warren Beatty's Heaven can Wait. Very funny with a great supporting cast, especially Charles Grodin . On this re-watch I realised it's a little on the schmaltzy side and there is too much focus on American Football that I can't relate to. But it is very well done.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also watched The Andromeda Strain. Glorious 70s sci-fi split screen and special audio and visual effects.

Some old films on recorded off the horror channel.

The night of the big heat (1967)
Zero budget British thriller. I like the atmosphere, but it's poor. Very slow moving & when you finally see the alien lifeform it basically a lump of glowing melted plastic. Not that I was expecting much. But it has Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee. So I'll watch it.

Island of terror (1966)
Similar low budget 60s British sci-fi-esque thriller, but much better. I've seen this one before. I really like it. The lifeforms are a little better. Glowing plastic but with added tentacles. And it's has the ever reliable Peter Cushing. He made the crappiest films watchable.

Tales that witness madness (1973)
Portmanteau, anthology style film. The stories of patients in an asylum told in flashback. Very similar to the amicus film..... Asylum. It's good. Much better than I remembered.

Little Murders ..1971 Alan Arkin directed Elliot Gould vehicle. Totally fucking barmy and pretty garbage really but I enjoyed it I must say .Some incredible performances.. Peak 1971 New York

Some old films on recorded off the horror channel.

The night of the big heat (1967)
Zero budget British thriller. I like the atmosphere, but it's poor. Very slow moving & when you finally see the alien lifeform it basically a lump of glowing melted plastic. Not that I was expecting much. But it has Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee. So I'll watch it.

Island of terror (1966)
Similar low budget 60s British sci-fi-esque thriller, but much better. I've seen this one before. I really like it. The lifeforms are a little better. Glowing plastic but with added tentacles. And it's has the ever reliable Peter Cushing. He made the crappiest films watchable.

Tales that witness madness (1973)
Portmanteau, anthology style film. The stories of patients in an asylum told in flashback. Very similar to the amicus film..... Asylum. It's good. Much better than I remembered.

I love Island of Terror. Must look out for the others.

I had another 70s night.

First up Warren Beatty's Heaven can Wait. Very funny with a great supporting cast, especially Charles Grodin . On this re-watch I realised it's a little on the schmaltzy side and there is too much focus on American Football that I can't relate to. But it is very well done.

Also watched The Andromeda Strain. Glorious 70s sci-fi split screen and special audio and visual effects.

Did anybody try using acid on Coronavirus?

Just watched The Gentlemen there with my daughter online.

Its good fun

I watched the imposter on YouTube. I seen it a few years ago. Excellent.

I watched John Huston's The Mackintosh Man

Great cast, should have been a great movie but unfortunately it's a bit of a damp squib

Lots of Irish interest as a lot of scenes were shot in Kilmainham and Galway

It's aiming to be another 'The Ipcress File' or 'The Quiller Memorandum', it even has great music, but it falls flat at almost every turn

Might watch again in another ten years or so

Plan 9 From Outer Space the famous 1950's Ed Wood B-movie. The acting is a little wooden and the plot doesn't flow that well at times in what is esstinaly a hybrid vampire alien invasion film plot. It still does have some care and consideration put into it. I actually turned the sound down and was listening to some music while watching and then nodded off. Teenagers From Outer Space was already playing when I woke up which I presumed was the same film so I'm not sure what happened in the end.

Last edited:
Edge Of Tomorrow - 2014

Last of the original Cruise sci-fi yokes, which is a pity - people only like franchises now
They work the device (plot?) really well, despite the obvious Groundhog Day similarities
Cruise is great, playing as much against type as he'll let himself anymore
Emily Blunt transforms herself into an action star
Bill Paxton, Brendan Gleeson - come on

3rd act is a little underwhelming, after everything that's gone before it, but it is extremely solid entertainment,which is what Doug Liman is very good at delivering

Even if you hate Cruise, you get to see him die over and over again

emily-blunt-edge-of-tomorrow-gif-8.gif

Edge Of Tomorrow - 2014

Last of the original Cruise sci-fi yokes, which is a pity - people only like franchises now
They work the device (plot?) really well, despite the obvious Groundhog Day similarities
Cruise is great, playing as much against type as he'll let himself anymore
Emily Blunt transforms herself into an action star
Bill Paxton, Brendan Gleeson - come on

3rd act is a little underwhelming, after everything that's gone before it, but it is extremely solid entertainment,which is what Doug Liman is very good at delivering

Even if you hate Cruise, you get to see him die over and over again

View attachment 13888

Deadly film, one of my favourite Cruise roles, completely subverts his smarmy, creepy charm and it's so much fun to watch his character go on this journey. You're right about the third act but the first 2/3rds more than make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back