What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Dylan Moran. He played in Trim last night in the posh new arts centre. Unbelievably my first time seeing him do his thing and it was excellent.
I've told this story before but the last time I met Dylan was on the bus into Dublin where he was on his way to try something out in the International for the first time. Was tempted to try and meet him last night to catch up but felt like that would have been a dumb thing to attempt.

Unexpected Craig David.

He did over 60 minutes and he kept the energy up well for an afternoon paycheck gig.

I was actually impressed. He hit a lot of my nostalgia buttons. He also had a DJ setup, but instead of having a DJ twirling their finger around in the air, he was the guy pushing those buttons. So much button pushing. Then he'd do all the singing stuff as well.
There was some serious bass, and bars, bruv.

In short, the crowd did say Bo, Selecta. And he was all over your BOINK!

Was at Deerhoof. They were amazing. I love how they’re both the sloppiest and tightest band in the world at the exact same time. Was on holiday in Kerry until yesterday. Got back up and into Whelan’s just in time for their set.

Brought a couple of mates with me to their last gig back in 2015. They weren’t in to them at all and spent the whole time pissing and moaning about it. Went by myself this time. Enjoyed it a million times more.

Was at Deerhoof. They were amazing. I love how they’re both the sloppiest and tightest band in the world at the exact same time. Was on holiday in Kerry until yesterday. Got back up and into Whelan’s just in time for their set.

Brought a couple of mates with me to their last gig back in 2015. They weren’t in to them at all and spent the whole time pissing and moaning about it. Went by myself this time. Enjoyed it a million times more.
Still beaming from this, they were so wonderful. Amazing to see a band still at the top of their game, decades in.

Was weird wearing a facemask again, but pleasantly surprised how many people were, I'd say most? Remember going to Shellac when it was on the first gigs post pando, and maybe half did, if even that.

I love deerfhoof's music but the drummer is a fucking melter. they waste precious song time by letting the clown up Talking wank to the crowd.
Totally puts me off seeing them which is shame coz they rule
Have to say he kept it to a minimum at this gig and he was pretty funny for the most part. The guys heckling him were way more annoying.

Apart from that one guy who shouted “I didn’t know drummers could talk” I lolled at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back