What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

A quick 45 minutes from Slapshot. Ripping!!!!

Decent crowd considering the awful promotion. Was talking to one lad I expected to see at it. He only knew about it as his mates were on the bill.
I was thinking of going but my friend that was in town preferred the idea of Skindred. Turns out Skindred are really good live, singer lad's voice is class.

I was thinking of going but my friend that was in town preferred the idea of Skindred. Turns out Skindred are really good live, singer lad's voice is class.
Skindred came out the band Dub War who recorded for Earache in the 90's after the label began to 'diversify'. They're from Newport in Wales where the scene was based around old venue TJ's which put on good gigs for a small regional city. Especially a lot US punk bands from the 80's onwards.
Never listened to Skindred or Dub War until a few years ago when a friend told me her husband was a fan.

I often cite Slapshot as one of the bands that if all HC sounded like that I wouldn't bother listening to the genre. Slow tough guy schtick that sounds like an American version of Oi!.
Choke Kelly's prior band's Negative FX and Last Rights were much better but not on the level of other Boston / Mass. HC bands of the time.

I have the first 3 records. I'd maybe consider 2 songs off the top of my head to be slow.

Maybe you consider anything above blast beat only to be fast?

Slomatics in Belfast. New album launch. Not my favourite of theirs but it was still great; Loud and slow. Only saw one support band ( Skypilot ). Sound was muck for them but so were the tunes. Don't know how a band that weak get to support someone as good as Slomatics (yeah probably mates).

I have the first 3 records. I'd maybe consider 2 songs off the top of my head to be slow.

Maybe you consider anything above blast beat only to be fast?
Having just listened to a Slapshot 2023 gig and Back On The Map.
The recent set indeed had four mid spaced hardcore songs. The other songs were slow.
Back on The Map: Chip On My Shoulder and Killing Frost were the only songs that weren't slow but certainly weren't hardcore speed.

Maybe you only consider anything slower than Sunno))) slow?

They're good! Stuff like this, yer mans voice is class

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

reminds me of ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back