What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

This might cheer you up. N4 bus went direct from Finglas to the Point. I was getting annoyed that it was 4 minutes late.

Oh, had a young couple having a low-key argument talk behind be all the way in. Guy had said "i wanted to watch that" when his girlfriend started a show without him. Some layers came out from there. Aww.

I went to Muse and it was good fun.

Not a brilliant night for a gig. A wet Wednesday out in the Point, standing with your coat in your hands. But they don't shy away from being a fun band. Lots of hits. There are definitely some backing tracks going on at times. And the theater of the whole thing is...what it is. Just enjoyed it, being at a gig with a bunch of normies with their phones out. Bellamy's vocals sounding quite low and strained at times, but not sure if that's the venue and my ear plugs.

Big gigs are so weird man.

I absolutely hate Muse but I ended up catching them live at a festival waiting for the Pixies and their love show impressed the shit out of me

the second last gig I went to was listed as opening a 2 pm.
I arrived at 12:40.
then I saw a post on instagram about 1:45 that it was starting at 5 pm.
at 6:15 I realised my lift home was probably not going to materialise and I decided to get the bus home as there was still no music happening and I was tired and hungry (although first band were sound checking in fairness).
you just have to laugh sometimes.

Tradition Now at the NCH last night. I went with a friend to see Cormac Begley who was really incredible. Then we wandered around catching different artists, the highlight was Bríghde Chaimbeul who is a piper from Scotland. It was such a huge sound, honestly it sounded like a huge bank of synthesisers rather than one woman in the corner of a room.

Tradition Now at the NCH last night. I went with a friend to see Cormac Begley who was really incredible. Then we wandered around catching different artists, the highlight was Bríghde Chaimbeul who is a piper from Scotland. It was such a huge sound, honestly it sounded like a huge bank of synthesisers rather than one woman in the corner of a room.
I was at that too. Begley was amazing, agreed.

Couldn't get into Brighde Chaibeul as it was full. Disappointed. The Hacks Poets Guild were okayish but a bit out of their depth in the main (very sparsely attended) hall.

I was at that too. Begley was amazing, agreed.

Couldn't get into Brighde Chaibeul as it was full. Disappointed. The Hacks Poets Guild were okayish but a bit out of their depth in the main (very sparsely attended) hall.
Yeah, they weren’t great. Some good ideas but none of it gelled for me, felt a bit too polite or something for my liking after the blood and guts of Begley and Chaimbeul. The group in the John Field room were really good too.

Revelation Sound System in the CIE hall in Inchicore on Saturday.

Absolutely excellent dance. Massive sound with some seriously space age music going down. Great crowd too. I wasn't quite the oldest but not far off..I was fading but two fellow geriatrics got me back up on the floor for the last half hour.
And a handy walk from my gaf.. amazing.

Dustin O'Halloran in Kilkenny. This was in a really nice little venue with only 40 or 50 people in it. The performance was stunning. Real goose-bumps stuff.

He's playing in Dublin tonight. I would recommend going, A LOT. This was a special show.

Dustin O'Halloran in Kilkenny. This was in a really nice little venue with only 40 or 50 people in it. The performance was stunning. Real goose-bumps stuff.

He's playing in Dublin tonight. I would recommend going, A LOT. This was a special show.

I was at the show in Dublin last night. Totally agree - amazing performance. And the support was fantastic too.

Revelation Sound System in the CIE hall in Inchicore on Saturday.

Absolutely excellent dance. Massive sound with some seriously space age music going down. Great crowd too. I wasn't quite the oldest but not far off..I was fading but two fellow geriatrics got me back up on the floor for the last half hour.
And a handy walk from my gaf.. amazing.

never seen that used as a venue before!
Father in law was an electrician in inchicore works

Thanks for the reminder. Got seat A1 yesterday. Really enjoyed the DOH set - first time seeing him non-AWVFTS - but the support blew me away. The harp is my favourite instrument and I've waited years to see someone do what Margaret Hermant does. She needs to make a record.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the reminder. Got seat A1 yesterday. Really enjoyed the DOH set - first time seeing him non-AWVFTS - but the support blew me away. The harp is my favourite instrument and I've waited years to see someone do what Margaret Hermant does. She needs to make a record.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That last piece she played was stunning. Completely agree it was amazing. And only the first/second time she's ever done it live. Pretty amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back