What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

AC/DC. Overall a great night.
Angus has a few years in him yet. Brian, not so much. Drummer was excellent, very satisfying air drumming experience in that he had every single Phil Rudd hit perfect. Excellent, well paced set list.

We left to beat the crowds after Let There Be Rock, knowing full well the next songs were TNT and For Those..They always are. Up until that point you never really knew what was going to be next which added to the enjoyment.

Disability section experience was very positive. Didn't have to let anyone out for the whole gig, nobody constantly going to the bar. People delighted to be there. Nearly everyone on their feet from the first note, with the option of a sit down every now and then.

Stress had my double vision really bad all the way from Drumcondra to my seat. Horrible, but the staff were lovely and helpful.

If we ever do that again I'm going to take advantage of the limited car parking right at the venue. I missed out on that. Walking from Phibsboro was fine though.

Crap sound.

Staff were amazing. Apart form the shortage of urinals, they were A1.
Great stewarding

Staff were amazing. Apart form the shortage of urinals, they were A1.
Great stewarding

There's a lot of shit stewards out there. I've seen them fall asleep, I've seen their supervisors fall asleep. Mid-show. Or looking at their phone when it's chaos all around.

But the good ones are invaluable. Utterly.
Probably the reason I had some bogey stewards this weekend is because the good one were over there keeping you safe.

Anyway, there was a lot of South American music in the area over the weekend. An Accordian version of I am the walrus. A Colombian surf rock band. A duo playing instruments I've never seen before. They probably didn't realise they sounded like a drum and fife band, but they did it in a sexy South American way. It triggered some people for a moment. Maybe me.
Also a metal band, where the guitarists cool riffs saved the day, because the singer was a stupid drunk prick. We just wanted cool riffs. There was police there, they were 90 minutes late to stage. Good times.

I was supposed to have a quiet weekend, because Big Work. But all good.

For happy thoughts, I saw I think six different acts. And they were all great in their own way. Never got this growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
  • N
  • xsteox
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back