What ever happened to? (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Tom Vek, aged 27;last heard April 2005

tomvek-702854.jpg

Born Tom Vernon Kell, Vek received both public and critical acclaim for his only proper release 'We have Sound' recorded in 2004. Vek's official website claims he is working on the follow-up album, however Vek himself has been mysteriously quiet about this, with no media outlet possessing further information. Recent stories suggest that the new album is in fact finished, but fans remain concerned that this may be false. Many fear he may have returned to the world of graphic design...

2006_07_andrew_wk.jpg

Andrew WK,
aged 29, last heard late 2003

Andrew (born Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier), has not released new material since The Wolf in 2003, which was the follow up to his break through I Get Wet. Despite previewing a new song in 2006, he has been hampered by contractual issues related to the Andrew W.K moniker.

Jim O' Rourke, aged 39 ; last heard 2001

0109orourke.jpg

A stalwart of the Chicago experimental and improv scene, O'Rourke produced, mixed and collaborated with numerous other musicians in the nineties and early part of this decade. After initially shunning conventional song structure he gained many fans as he released a number of popular recordings and even overcame his fear of touring, eventually joining Sonic Youth as a full time member. Despite this, he left the band in 2005. Aside from some low key Japanese only releases, and a Loose Fur album in 2006 he has turned his back on music for the forseeable future, with no solo recordings planned. He is currently residing in Tokyo pursuing his interest in film making.

i heard jim o'rourke was turning his back on music to pursue a career as an actor

He's writing soundtracks for Japanese movies. Apparently.
Sold most of his gear on E-Bay a few years back in a fit of pique. I presume he still has the lime-green cardigan and Rupert The Bear golf pants.

Labradford, last heard 2001

labraford_1.jpg

Fixed::Context was an incredible record, shame they never followed it up.

from Wiki:

Though the group has not officially disbanded, they have not released another album since 2001's critically acclaimed Fixed::Context, and the band members have apparently moved away from their former base of Richmond, Virginia. Robert Donne has joined the slow-core group Spokane. Mark Nelson continues to release records on Kranky under the name Pan•American.

Remy Shand - slick blue eyed soul merchant - has been awol since his debut album in 2002.

Where are you Remy? I had a strange fondness for your slow jamz and keening falsetto.

237355.jpg

In October 2003, Shand's official website stated that he was working on his second album, to be called Day In The Shade. The album has yet to be released, and since then, there has been no public information regarding Shand's whereabouts or recording projects

Cardiacs, aged 31; last heard 1999 (exception 2006)

cardiacs-band-portrait.jpg

Lest we forget one of the great missing in actions. Management problems, a lost album and health problems.

doesn't Andrew WK have a bar in New York now, I'm pretty sure there was album out (or coming out) soon. Big Jim has been busy behind the desk for everyone from Beth Orton to Joanna Thingy. Grizzly Man soundtrack and I'm Happy... I'm Sining... all came out since 2001

good call on Tom Vek but...

I want to know what happened to Veruca Salt

VerucaSalt4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back