What ever happened to? (1 Viewer)

jim o rourke joined the army

banbr.jpg

What happened to Gay Dad?

And Campag Velocet?

I always got the feeling Jim O'Rourke would never issue another 'pop' solo record again for fear that people are enjoying them too much. He also popped up in an internet video trying out an weird Japanese instrument (Tenori - on) and bantering away in Japanese (which is weird to see for some reason, a westerner speaking Japanese.)

What happened to Gay Dad?

And Campag Velocet?

I always got the feeling Jim O'Rourke would never issue another 'pop' solo record again for fear that people are enjoying them too much. He also popped up in an internet video trying out an weird Japanese instrument (Tenori - on) and bantering away in Japanese (which is weird to see for some reason, a westerner speaking Japanese.)

Yeah, he seemed to have had his fun with that and move on. Still, even if he doesn't record like that again Eureka, Halfway to a Threeway and Insignificance are an incredible testament to his song writing abilities. Great lyricist too.

Gay Dad and Campag Velocet? Their NME hype bubble burst I guess.

andrew W.K plays piano with bonnie prince billy sometimes.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LooyCaBaiQo"]YouTube - Bonnie Prince Billy - Strange Form Of Life[/ame]

He doesn't play any music but basically gives a lecture/talk for over an hour. There used to be a video up on stage6 of an entire but that was before it closed up, it was pretty great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back