What crop are you growing this year? (1 Viewer)

yes - bought 'horticultural' garlic i think years ago, but we've just been keeping cloves each time since and replanting. was it yourself i collected a load of coffee stuff off a few years back? i could arrange to drop some cloves in to you.

IIRC most shop bought garlic is soft neck, but hard neck garlic is more suited to our climate.
Yes! I'm the coffee person and would love some hardy Irish garlic! Happy to travel for it either. :)

Yes! I'm the coffee person and would love some hardy Irish garlic! Happy to travel for it either. :)
hadn't forgotten about this btw; just finished planting ours and have about 20 cloves left over, and three or four elephant garlic cloves; you're welcome to take them.

Our elephant garlic are doing that too - if you're a garlic fiend, snap then off and munch on them raw, they are lovely and juicy and crisp. My wife deep fried them last year, also good.

lifted the spuds that were in the ground today - looks like blight got to the plants, so i reckon we'll lose some of the spuds to that. not a heroic haul, and also the slugs got to a lot of them. the ones grown in bags seem to have done better.
also collected a load of nasturtium seeds. the plan is to pickle those. i've never tasted them before, but by god are they peppery (with a hint of mustard).

also chopped down the plum tree; it's been ailing for the last few years. it overcropped one year and broke a branch, and silverleaf got in. so it was pretty much done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back