What crop are you growing this year? (2 Viewers)

seanc

Everything died in the hot weather. This was obviously all my fault somehow.
My mum said that all her plants died too, and she's a legend of a horticulturist. I thought that fact might save me from too much castigation, but no. I have killed all the crop, apparently.

Anyway, we've restarted with some more basil and coriander and mint. I'd love to grow tomatoes properly sometime. Tomatoes just hate me.

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
My apple tree normally delivers a massive crop, but this year a grand total of 6... No visible signs of any problem with the tree, and those 6 are perfectly good apples, but baffled why it didn't grow properly this year.

Dear Thumped, what do I do now?

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
My apple tree normally delivers a massive crop, but this year a grand total of 6... No visible signs of any problem with the tree, and those 6 are perfectly good apples, but baffled why it didn't grow properly this year.

Dear Thumped, what do I do now?

There was a late frost around May that fucked the apple trees my parents have. They usually get a great crop from 3 or 4 trees but the blossoms were killed around then so this year there's barely anything. Perhaps yours were similarly hit.

As to what to do, they'll probably recover for next year.

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
we're overloaded with apples this year, i never got round to thinning the cookers out.

Same here - saw the wasps had taken out a few and i was like 'thanks lads' - All I ever do is about two days of making Jam that gets gifted out over the winter. I probably should look at a second recipie this year, see what other preserves can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• Piano Music 1-7
    Piano Music #7
    Powell
    Piano Music 1-7

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads