What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (4 Viewers)

recovered sweet thursday, finished it on the porch.

started east of eden,looking good. trying to remember the film. If it's the one with jimmy dean innit than i reckon it was'nt the best adaptation in the world.

Reading "an accidental diplomat" by Eammon Delaney, about his career in the Department of foreign affairs. its only ok, just another in the long line of light weight books about Irish politics/society.
Probably best to be avoided unless you are either

(a) thinking of joining the Department of Foreign affairs
or
(b) obsessive about politics and the workings of government.

Rather depressingly I fulfill both criteria

Reading The Amber Spyglass at the minute, seems that the second book is the best in the series, this one feels a bit flabby.

Picked up 3 of the 33 1/3 books whilst in Bristol this weekend. Read the OK Computer one this morning in the departure lounge/plane to Dublin/bus into town from the airport. Boring load of shite.

Reading The Hardcore Diaries by Mick Foley at the moment.

Its short chapters make it perfect bog reading.

Finally finished Les miserables - a wonderful book. Strong narrative and character writing, spliced with moralistic philisophy on poverty, crime and society. Great book.

Also read 'Wrong information is being given out at princeton' by JP Donleavy. A weak enough plot but plenty of the humour, farce and subtle observation that you tend to get in his books. Am almost finished Wessex Tales, short stories by Thomas Hardy - less engaging than his novels but worthwhile reading them all the same.

0752874381.jpg

Fairly good, Terry gets a lot of shit for havin left Ireland

am reading the mayor of casterbridge at the moement. a real intresting book bout a bloke who gets drunk sells his wife and kid while at the pub, later on regrets it gives up the drink and goes on to become a mayor and thats all in the first 30 pages or so. its real old as well written in 1830 so its sometimes funny reading all the old wordies. great book though and am just begining the picture of dorian gray which the first page as some absolutely beautifull prose a bit like jg ballard but from ages ago and in a oldy style quite beautifull

eoghan_dubhdara, those are two great books.

I'm reading "Family Affair" one of the Rex Stout, Nero Wolfe novels. Sometimes cheesy crime/detective stories. Nice and light and entertaining as my last 'for fun' reading for a while. As soon as I finish it I'll be focusing on philosophical studies again.

I'm Coming to take you to Lunch - A fantastic Tale of Boys, Booze and how Wham! were sold to China - Simon Napier Bell

Hi-larious stuff. Andrew Ridgeley is the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back