What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

Have you got this one in your shop?
4234320.jpg

Reds And The Green: Ireland, Russia, and the Communist Internationals, 1919-43

Someone has had it out from the library for over two years

I like The Great Gatsby, even though I was forced to read it the first time... tragic, but accessible... I think everyone knows a "Gasby"

Cheers for that. Aye, Underworld looks like a beast. I was thinking of giving Point Omega a go next... which means two months' time due to the current backlog of books.

I picked this up the other day
9781847080493.jpg

Thirty pages or so in, it looks like it's worth the praise heaped upon it in some weekend review that I read a while back.

cheers man. Will do when I get home.

have to say I really liked Our Man in Havana. A real easy read. Finished it more or less in a single 4.5 hour sitting/plane ride.

I'm reading Ghostwritten by David Mitchell now. A really good read so far (on the 3rd story at this stage) with some of the characters kind of reminding me of some folk on thumped.

I'm sure we have a David Mitchell thread or 2 somewhere on here too.

View attachment 7392

I really enjoyed this. Does anybody have any other DeLillo recommendations?

I loved Underworld and White Noise. Apart from its length its a pretty easy read (as far as i recall at least). Hated Ratner's Star, Americana and The Names. Quite liked Falling Man and Mao II. I've kinda had enough of him now I think.

c
I'm reading Ghostwritten by David Mitchell now. A really good read so far (on the 3rd story at this stage) with some of the characters kind of reminding me of some folk on thumped.

I'm sure we have a David Mitchell thread or 2 somewhere on here too.

Ghostwritten is one of my top 10 favourite push-comes-to-shove books. As is Number 9 Dream and elements of Cloud Atlas
Love the Jazz Music Store story

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?29231-david-mitchell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back