What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

Just on the Skippy home straight myself. Great book and yes, uncomfortably dark at times. Wouldn't fancy having a 14 year old daughter these days, if it's as he tells it.

Room is also a great. When you finish, you'll find it hard to adjust to a new narrator for a while....

finished this yesterday. A good read. Very funny moments in it, but incredibly dark at times too.

staying on the Booker prize shortlist, gonna give this a go next;

Room+Emma+Donoghue.jpg

Finished Ford Madox Ford and on to Conrad for next week. Revisiting. I actually quite like Conrad, particularly the secret agent, but its not the most... exhilarating of reads. Anyway.

gonna give this a go next;

Room+Emma+Donoghue.jpg

finished this on saturday. Good enough read but probably not really my cup of tea. Its easy-going enough so would be ideal for something to read while on holidays or whatever.

Sticking to booker lists (long-list in this case), gonna try this (the last of the 3 for 2 I got in Waterstones the other week);

the-slap-193x300.jpg

and also, gonna start this as my luchtime at work read;

%7BCEFB30E0-AD4A-48ED-A116-EC516EFD6562%7DImg100.jpg

out of curiousity more than anything else

GetImage

Great ideas. Underground London of magic cults and occult religions going crazy because of an impending apocalypse triggered by the theft of a giant squid. It's a lot of fun - for a while - but it goes on way too long and the plotting and characterization are a bit crap.

You know there's such things as private messages Jill Hives.

or even visitor messages.

anyway it's this

MegRosoff.jpg

'pretententious and predictable' with 'unnecessary adverbs 'and 'questionable similies' according to one review so you'll likely hate it.

*sigh*

yes Jim.

Actually, How I Live Now is a pretty amazing, i'd say that's her second best, tied with The Bride's Fairwell. The opening pages set it up as a certain type of book which it really turns out not to be.

I have to read DH Lawrence this week, 'Women in Love' ; everything in my body is rejecting it, everything. I. Hate. You. D. H. Fucking. Lawrence.

Reading Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
Have just read The Mayor of Casterbridge. Enjoyed it thoroughly. A lot more happens in nineteenth century novels, doesn't it? The customary serialisation enforced that I suppose.
Anyway, here we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back