What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

the-slap-193x300.jpg

let us know if thats any good scutter,was looking at it a few weeks back.
lately i have mostly been reading short histories of medieval times,seems like it was an interesting age to be alive in.for 'proper' reading i got this
The-Other-by-David-Guters-001.jpg

only a few chapters in so cant say too much,good characters though and well written.hope it can maintain the quality throughout.

College just started again so now I just have an overwhelming feeling of dread at how much I have to read

post up your reading list. is it all kiddie lit?

mainly thesis stuff this year. I could do with making a list anyway though so I'll compile one later and post it here.

There you go Shaney, you are now officially getting thanked in my dissertation.

I also just finished One Day by David Nicholls and really enjoyed it.

Maybe a spoiler moment: Couldn't believe what happened on page 365 though! A very eyes wide/mouth open moment that stopped me in my tracks.... even though I was lying down at the time.

Have started right into this... which is probably the author's same novel again with just different character names and locations. But still....

couplandstory_1717552f.jpg

Ha! Goes to show. It is quite disposable and Nick Hornby-ish, but I still found it good enough to read on the bus, rather than listen to music.

I enjoyed it too. It is, what it is (I read it for a book club where the girls just really drink wine and gossip) but I think the end (or near end) made the book for me. I'm not sure what page it was but I actually said "awesome" out loud.

I enjoyed it too. It is, what it is (I read it for a book club where the girls just really drink wine and gossip) but I think the end (or near end) made the book for me. I'm not sure what page it was but I actually said "awesome" out loud.

Jill, If you're referring to the part that I think you are, then so did I. Except, instead of saying awesome, I just stared at the page and then the ceiling, and then re-read the few lines three times.

I also just finished One Day
Maybe a spoiler moment: Couldn't believe what happened on page 365 though! A very eyes wide/mouth open moment that stopped me in my tracks.... even though I was lying down at the time.

For all those of you frantically rushing back/ forward to page 365, I did in fact mean page 385. Nothing happens on page 365! A classic rushed ten second post that I is John referred to at some stage..

I think it's interesting that @Jill Hives enjoyed the book when she couldn't possibly have got the myriad of references to early morning UK television throughout the 90's all the way through. Those bits made the book for me.

Also, I had it on my desk in work and some guy i've never spoken to decided to start a conversation with me about it.

well, ok, it's not that big a deal. but still.

anyway today I read this delightful essay

the_myth_of_sisyphus.large.jpg

which felt about a thousand pages long despite being barely over a hundred.

Well, I just looked that up. Fun! No wonder Stephin Merritt was a fan at 17. Leave it on your desk and see if dude makes any comments. What did he think of the other book? I used to work with a girl and all we ever talked about was books. Practically nothing else. Like the way you can only talk to some blokes about football, but I didn't have to pretend to be interested.

well, ok, it's not that big a deal. but still.

anyway today I read this delightful essay

the_myth_of_sisyphus.large.jpg

which felt about a thousand pages long despite being barely over a hundred.

Nah, i've had a lot of books on my desk over the past year and that one was the only one he commented on.

And don't start bloody linking me with bloody Magnetic bloody Fields.

Other frequent motifs in his lyrics include the age 17, dancing, seasons (most often summer), youth, old age, cities (especially New York City and Paris), the moon, the sun, the stars, rain, the night, marriage, blue eyes, faces, trains and railroads, the road, crying, murder, drinking, musical instruments, and love.
gosh.

Ha! They must be basing that on "I Don't Want to Get Over You"

- I could listen to my therapist, pretend you don't exist
and not have to dream of what I dream of; I could listen
to all my friends and go out again and pretend it's enough,
-or I could make a career of being blue--I could dress
in black and read Camus, smoke clove cigarettes and drink
vermouth, like I was 17 that would be a scream
but I
don't want to get over you.

Nah, i've had a lot of books on my desk over the past year and that one was the only one he commented on.

And don't start bloody linking me with bloody Magnetic bloody Fields.

gosh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back