What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

0394759842.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Reading this. Its gonna take a while to get through but the first 30 pages have been great. Looking forward to getting through the rest of it.

Only got started on this in the last few days (got waylaid by Douglas Coupland's "Generation A" -which is grand, C+).

Meg's is pretty good, but rather strangely, reads like a young adult's novel. Brooding teenager/ unrequited love/ unrequited life/ unsympathetic parents/ one interesting affectionate friend. She writes very nicely though and throws in some oddities (personified passages from Fate him/herself). Will probably give her other ones a go.

Wow, cool, let me know if it's good.

They should do something about her artwork though, it would completely turn you off her stuff. I, for one, regularly judge a book by it's cover.
-----------------------
About to start this, as indirectly recommended by I Is John. They hadn't the one he mentioned, but I thought sure why not. The reviewer from the Times even "dreamt about it afterwards".

[URL="http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dKr8aDHbdbfNrM:http://www.puffin.co.uk/static/images/just_in_case.jpg"][/URL]

probably cos she's a "young adult" writer.

I don't see how that is in any way a mark against quality though.

Oh I read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut the other day which was literally not bad but not nearly as clever as it thinks it is and was a bit of a waste of time really.

probably cos she's a "young adult" writer.

I don't see how that is in any way a mark against quality though.

It isn't -she writes exceptionally well. Maybe I was just expecting something else. I shouldn't have used the term, I have to admit it sounds a bit patronising in retrospect. But I am pushing on a bit in fairness!

Oh I read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut the other day which was literally not bad but not nearly as clever as it thinks it is and was a bit of a waste of time really.

i felt the same way about mother night by vonnegut. i gave up on slaughterhouse 5 halfway through. they're the only two books of his i've read. not a fan

Read Slaughterhouse 5 last night/this morning. I am pretty sure I read it decades ago but didn't remember much. It's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back