What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (8 Viewers)

the-brave-cowboy.jpg

more edward abbey,now im waiting on the monkey wrench gang to arrive.

I just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, which I think, makes me come full circle on that venture. Sadness.

Reading Don DeLillo's Mao II. I'm pretty gripped by it. I thought I was done with DeLillo after chucking Cosmopolitan across the room after about ten pages. Maybe I'm just really impressed by this because I've recently read a slew of quite average books.

I've also got The Collected Stories of Flannery O'Connor going - grotesquely comic stuff. I think Magnus Mills is the only other fiction writer that could make me laugh out loud so much.

Reading Don DeLillo's Mao II. I'm pretty gripped by it. I thought I was done with DeLillo after chucking Cosmopolitan across the room after about ten pages. Maybe I'm just really impressed by this because I've recently read a slew of quite average books.

I've also got The Collected Stories of Flannery O'Connor going - grotesquely comic stuff. I think Magnus Mills is the only other fiction writer that could make me laugh out loud so much.

Wow, you just came out of no where. I preferred your old avatar.

i didnt think much of Mao II at all. i gave up on him after that (then read Falling Man shortly after and thought it wasnt too bad).

im doing hardly any reading these days

Wow, you just came out of no where. I preferred your old avatar.

Yeah, I rewatched Kicking & Screaming there the other week. *Sings "in this heaaaaart of darknessssss." I went to see Greenberg the other night. Big Cassavetes influence but the resolve is weak in a now that's what I call American indie! flavoured way.
And also I've been meaning to watch the commentary of Barcelona, with Eigeman and Stillman. I'm still hoping Whit Stillman is going to mount a comeback. Three fuckin' amazing wordy witty masterpieces in eight years and the guy just drops right off the planet.

I'll change my avatar back just for you!

Thomas Hardy's - The Mayor Of Casterbridge. Finished this book last week , absolutely brilliant un-put-down-able from start to finish. Hardy's development of characters, the way he builds up this incredible story is astonishing. If their is a better tragic writer out there I will eat my hat. One of the best books I have ever read and that is a lot of books.

I'm reading this right now. It's not the best, after the initial conceit of turning the folk song into a proper story the author seems to be floundering

sovay21.jpg

I think I may only have purchased it because of the pretty girl on the cover

no of course not, only Michael Moore puts himself on his own covers

this is the author

portrait.jpg

edit: actually, do any fiction authors have themselves on the cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back