What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (1 Viewer)

9780393072235.jpg

Very enjoyable.
I liked Liars Poker but the people in this book aren't the arsehole spivs of that book, they are more interesting.

Great stuff, isn't it?

He really knows how to draw the dramatic essence from his characters.

Say that again.

Thats my favourite book of the last year. Read it in 3 days over Christmas. Highly entertaining!

The more I read, the more I love it. Martin is such a hilarious character I can't even cope with it. Its one of those books I feel I almost have to read aloud to properly appreciate the language. It's brilliantly written.

51DHT72VKTL._SS500_.jpg

reading this since last night. i got it a few months ago and had gone out of the poetry mood by the time it arrived in the post. there's some great ones in it, as good as any she's done

I'm giving 'At Swim, Two Birds' by Flann O'Brien a go. I loved the first 3 pages. By page 4 I was lost. In a good way though.

Just finished this. I got lost so many times in it, but its a very enjoyable read, by in large. Mostly because hes such a witty writer. Its just hard to follow at times. I'd still recommend it though. Its short so you'd get through it before losing the rag with it.

jesus.

Book of the decade shortlist announced

Keane by Roy Keane
PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Seriously Fucking Lean Decade by Scutter

Nah, just the same old thing, 90% of persons are fucking idiots.

The voice of the people has spoken and they read the Sun

Great stuff, isn't it?

He really knows how to draw the dramatic essence from his characters.

Say that again.

http://www.propublica.org/feature/a...one-hedge-fund-helped-keep-the-housing-bubble

In a similar vein-this is well worth a read.

This hedge fund Magnetar was buying the shitty bottom tranche of CDO with, what seems to be, the sole objective of providing the impetus for the CDO to formed at all. Then they shorted the CDO in it's entirety. The 10mil or so they would loose on that equity tranche when the underlying mortgages inevitably defaulted was simply the cost of creating the short, which was worth 100s of millions.

Their actions had a lot to do with keeping the market for CDOs and by extension shitty sub prime mortgages buoyant at a time when people were starting to see that the instruments were a bad buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back