What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (8 Viewers)

n257559.jpg

It's a very short book, the usual readable Roth style. Variously comical and sad. The way he writes families is brilliant. It also seems to be a not very subtle satire on GW Bush-era America.

What you think? Nobody writes teenagers better in my opinion
virgin suicides is a fantastic book. really lovely stuff. i heard middlesex was a bit of a mess though. i have it at home but haven't been too pushed to open it.

about to start the ice storm by rick moody. loved the film so i've got high hopes for the book

"The Road" by Cormac McCarthy was the last one I read. Had to read it in one sitting. It absolutely slayed me. Stunning, visionary stuff.

A Selection of Oscar Wilde's plays...currently on Lady Windermere's Fan...good stuff.

Also flipping through a few different books (i'm always reading about 8 books at the same time, switching and changing as I go along)

Just finished "The Vengeance of Rome" by Michael Moorcock, the 4th and last of his colonel Pyat series - totally deadly! After 2000+ pages of deluded, arrogant, bitter, racist (etc) ramblings I'd happily read 2000 more. There were a few not so great stretchs but overall it’s a masterpiece. Anyone thinking of reading them should start at the beginning as its really just one long book rather than 4 separate ones. ___est ending ever!

60155.jpg
837644.jpg
60153.jpg
60161.jpg

virgin suicides is a fantastic book. really lovely stuff. i heard middlesex was a bit of a mess though. i have it at home but haven't been too pushed to open it.

about to start the ice storm by rick moody. loved the film so i've got high hopes for the book

I thought Middlesex was better still!

Love that film too. Go you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back