What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (1 Viewer)

haha, i'm only about a third of the way in but so far 6. i don't think i've gotten to the proper filth yet.

It the only book I ever threw down while reading. The walked over five minutes later to continue on to see what happened. Makes you question your acceptability levels. I laughed at most of it, not sure what that says about me? The best part was I was reading in Boston while commuting on the Green Line while working temp job. Gotten to the part with the kid mowing the lawn and the UPS truck?

It the only book I ever threw down while reading. The walked over five minutes later to continue on to see what happened. Makes you question your acceptability levels. I laughed at most of it, not sure what that says about me? The best part was I was reading in Boston while commuting on the Green Line while working temp job. Gotten to the part with the kid mowing the lawn and the UPS truck?
did you read 50 Shades of Grey Jill? If so, how does it compare?

did you read 50 Shades of Grey Jill? If so, how does it compare?

I listened to it because my 50 year old sister bought it for me (as a present, thanks sis!) and insisted. It was fucking painful and tame. I actually started counting how many times she resused words, especially whisper(s) and inner goddess. Vomit inducing, I can't even imagine listening to book two or three but I am sure my sister will try to force them on me when home. I found a text version and did a find on phrases, no joke:

"Oh My" - 79
"Crap" - 101
"Jeez" - 82
"Holy (shit/fuck/crap/hell/cow/moses)" - 172
"Whoa" - 13
"Gasp" - 34
"Gasps" - 11
"Sharp Intake of Breath" - 4
"Murmur" - 68
"Murmurs" - 139
"Whisper" - 96
"Whispers" - 103
"Mutter" - 28
"Mutters" - 23
"Fifty" - 16
"Lip" - 71
"Inner goddess" - 58
"Subconscious" - 82

The Fermata is leaps and bound better, not only in the writing (no brainer there) but it actually being a bit scandalous. House wives wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they read that over 50 shades. I should buy a copy for my sister.

I had a meltdown reading that book but I felt obliged to it do it, for the sake of understanding the world we live in.

My conclusions weren't good.

Kudos on counting all the phrases, I considered doing it but I was too enraged.

I had a meltdown reading that book but I felt obliged to it do it, for the sake of understanding the world we live in.

My conclusions weren't good.

Kudos on counting all the phrases, I considered doing it but I was too enraged.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has read it. I feel less dirty now.

I haven't read it. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I should. I also went to a hardware shop before my trip last year to buy some cable ties for my backpack. I asked the guy behind the counter and he gave me a smirk and showed me where they were. I wanted to say that I had a legitimate excuse for buying them but then it would alert him to the fact I knew what he was smirking about. Married women must be really hard up.

well, i wouldn't quite say that but it certainly made the tube ride an interesting experience. not least because some of the woman's exclamations are printed in LARGE capital letters so i had to keep checking that no one was reading over my shoulder.

At least I make myself laugh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

pretty sure i first heard of this book from this thread.

the devil all the time by donald ray pollock. bloody brilliant.

donald-ray-pollock.jpg

I keep looking at Fermata on my bookshelf and wondering at what age do kids start taking an interest in your books and randomly picking them up and reading bits of them. See also: Blown by Philip Jose Farmer.

so i bought a book by richard mabey the other day, one i had not seen before. and when i started reading it this morning, it turns out that they're just released one of his old books with a new name. what a fucking crock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back